Love Football XB360 Demo On Marketplace

Soldato
Yewen said:
Sliding tackles, just get another play to run at them head on and slide in slightly early. Will tap the ball away from the person in possesion, allowing your old player to pick it up. :p

On a side note, scored a 35 yard bullet shot using Gerrard to the top right hand corner of the goal, was amazed as I have only ever scored five in total from outside the box. :D

Will try that tactic.:)

Very rarely score from 30 yards out. Only done it once with Henry I think.

90% of my goals are all through balls with the forward running onto it and chiping the ball over the keeper when he gets close.

I find it very hard scoring from crosses. Only done it a few times. Last one was today in a Global Challenges. Bullet of a diving header!

Soldato
Corners with England I score about 1/4. :p

When you do crosses, its best to run to the edge of the box, tap the chip then press B and top left with your other player strait away.

3/5 it goes into the top left hand corner. ;)

When your going to blast one from real range (half way line. :D) do a tiny chip up then just really stick the power up on your shot, closest I have come is hitting the crossbar but would be amazing if I got it in.

One gripe with the game is that the keeper sometimes is a little on the easy side, although I am only playing 1 level above default at the moment. :)

Soldato
You wait till you tackle those Global Challenges!

Some of those keepers (especially the Tunisia one) are pretty tough to get anything past them!

Plenty frustration awaits you......

Soldato
Ive done a few, found the ones I have done quite easy, but I bet that there are some tough ones.

Any one in particular you struggled with?

I really am playing this game far to much. :(

Soldato
Theres one in the Africa section thats really tough.

Morroco V Tunisia.

You're Morroco, 1-0 down with around 70 minutes to go. You think "I've got plenty of time to score!". You start to play only to find Tunisia pinging the ball around like the '82 Brazil team and a keeper hell bent on keeping a clean sheet.

Another one is Spain V Italy.

You're Spain (or Italy. Can't quite remember), 1 nil down on 87 minutes. You literally have one attacking opportunity to score.

Theres quite a few tricky ones that'll leave you going mad.

Last edited:
Soldato
Australia vs Soloman Islands is near impossible, it's the only one I haven't done, other than the ones you unlock when you complete the main challenges. I gave up and took the game back, then tried again after lending the game off a mate and still couldn't do it in a week! Soloman Island players are super fast and their keeper is the best in the world.

Soldato
I bought Fifa WC 06 in the hopes it would tide me over until we get Pro Evo 5 (I do have PES5 on the Xbox but I'd built up my master league on my PS2 and don't want to start again this late).

At first I thought it was decent, but the more I play it, the more I want a proper 360 PES game. There's so much to PES that isn't in FIFA - the animations are far less varied and the ball has virtually no physics to speak of. The most annoying thing is how stupid the players are though.

In the box the ball has literally bounced off the head of the player I'm controlling with me frantically hammering B just to see him stand there. The same goes for tackles and 50-50s. 9/10 the CPU will recover the ball any time you tackle.

The keepers/defense are also insanely stupid. The keeper is rooted to his line and will never come out and claim an overhit long ball - leaving the back four to try and mop up.

The global challenges are the only thing I'm playing these days and once I've finished those...

Soldato
I borrowed Pro Evo for the XBOX from my mate about 2 weeks before purchasing FIFA WC. Prior to that, the last time I played a footie game was FIFA World Cup '94 on the Playstation 1.

I didn't see what all the fuss was about with the Pro Evo series after playing it but after spending some game time with FIFA, I can now!

Hard to describe but you just have more control and winning the ball back is a damn site easier!

Roll on Pro Evo 6!

Soldato
GuruJockStrap said:
I borrowed Pro Evo for the XBOX from my mate about 2 weeks before purchasing FIFA WC. Prior to that, the last time I played a footie game was FIFA World Cup '94 on the Playstation 1.

I didn't see what all the fuss was about with the Pro Evo series after playing it but after spending some game time with FIFA, I can now!

Hard to describe but you just have more control and winning the ball back is a damn site easier!

Roll on Pro Evo 6!

The main thing about Pro Evo is you'll still be seeing new player animations practically right up until the next refresh is released - it's not like FIFA where you feel like once an animation starts you're on rails.

Soldato
Ive had the keeper come out loads, and you have to press and hold Y (yellow one I think) to get your keeper to come out.

Its fun, all I want in it and a lot more fun than Pro Evo 4/5 as one of my mates is a lot better than everyone else, so only he has any real fun playing it.

Soldato
When you play the qualifying rounds and the WC itself it appears the game is actually quite good.

Go and play those Global Challenges and it soon shows all the flaws and problem with it.

Soldato
I am far from a seasoned virtual football player, but I have just tried the demo of FIFA WC06 and the framerate is shockingly poor, but I should have expected that being as its EA sports I guess :p

Soldato
NokkonWud said:
I have it on PS2, I tried to snap the CD in half (durable sod, bent right back!). Not a big fan, much preferred Pro Evo 4.

I have been close.. on the games where you're not allowed to win in master league.. I can happily beat juventus 6-0 then the next week I lose to NEC Nijmegen or something :p

I had 70% posession and 25 shots on target.. none went in. Other team had 0 shots off target, one on target from close to half way line with a centre back (WTF?!) and it went in top corner..

also got hacked on a run about to shoot and they get a free kick.

With friends and online it's much more fun and also a challange compared to the abysmal 6* ai.

Soldato
GuruJockStrap said:
Theres one in the Africa section thats really tough.

Morroco V Tunisia.

You're Morroco, 1-0 down with around 70 minutes to go. You think "I've got plenty of time to score!". You start to play only to find Tunisia pinging the ball around like the '82 Brazil team and a keeper hell bent on keeping a clean sheet.

Another one is Spain V Italy.

You're Spain (or Italy. Can't quite remember), 1 nil down on 87 minutes. You literally have one attacking opportunity to score.

Theres quite a few tricky ones that'll leave you going mad.

Done all of Africa now. ;)

Ok so what other ones are people struggling with. :p

And yes the global challenges, world cup finals with players from today, yes EA you have included time travel in a Fifa game, well done.

The thing with a football game is who plays alone! 2 People on same side for the global challenges or more is a laugh, who wants 30+ offsides in 15 minutes play and all your defenders running up the pitch and scoring, I do thats for sure!

Multiplayer is where this game actually gets fun, playing with a mate about three hours ago as Brazil V England with Zico for me, fantastic game.

He goes one up with a fluke top right hand corner bullet from Lampard, I run his midfield and defense with Ronaldiniho about five minutes later, he then pings one of the crossbar with Rooney, the clearance falls to the feet of Zico who takes it around Gerrard, passes it foreward but then gets onto the ball mid bounce, volley's it at the keeper who drops the ball. Ronaldo poaches the goal.

2:1 me. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom