Lovefilm mockery

Man of Honour
Shame you haven't sorted it out then. Some person is paying for an interrupted service partly because of you.

It has to be questionable anyway.

Person opens account, request videos and they don't arrive. Files a didn't arrive notice and once you hit so many. Love film refuses to post anything to you.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I had a 3 month free trial and it was brilliant.

Disc turned up Monday, sent it back and within a day we'd have another. Kept the "wanted" list low, to avoid the crap and set up a separate one for the mrs :)

The selection on the PS3 was the only letdown.

daz

daz

Soldato
The streaming side is poor, but after being acquired by Amazon you know that this side of things is going to improve. Amazon are pushing heavily in to content delivery (especially when they release their Kindle Fire) and obviously their infrastructure and web guys are the top of their game...

From a personal perspective, the postal service is great - I've had about 350 films through in total now. :)

Soldato
Not this argument about the difference between copyright infringement and stealing, let me just ask you something. If you think pirates steal, why are they prosecuted under copyright infringement and not theft?

Something to do with maritime law and walking the plank?

Man of Honour
Not this argument about the difference between copyright infringement and stealing, let me just ask you something. If you think pirates steal, why are they prosecuted under copyright infringement and not theft?

Sorry, should I have said 'not everyone likes infringing copyright law', better?

Soldato
Shame you haven't sorted it out then. Some person is paying for an interrupted service partly because of you.

Quite what we are supposed to do other than send them back with "not at this adress" on it as we have been doing is beyond me. Im not going to waste any of my time trying to sort out their **** up.

Soldato
Sorry, should I have said 'not everyone likes infringing copyright law', better?

Better.
In reality I see no harm done with a lot of copyright infringement though, especially with TV shows. What difference is there if someone records it on their DVR and skips advert ( let's assume it's free to air and advert funded) than if someone torrented it?
You may ask why someone would want to do this, many reasons and probably the biggest reason why people do this is that you can put it on portable devices.
Not all copyright infringement is bad.

Last edited:
Soldato
Quite what we are supposed to do other than send them back with "not at this adress" on it as we have been doing is beyond me. Im not going to waste any of my time trying to sort out their **** up.

Click me:

Copy/paste:

"Dear LoveFilm, we have been regularly receiving your products despite not being subscribed to your service, here is my address [insert address], I would appreciate it if you could amend your records. Thanks for your time.

Yours sincerely,
Mejinks."

Not hard is it?

Man of Honour
For a started a torrent isn't counted in viewing figures, so the producers make less money of advertising. But I really cant be arsed to do this again.
What I don't get is why you and others try and defend it. You Know it's wrong and are going to do it regardless. So just do it. Why try to justify it and defend it, Just get on with it.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Better.
In reality I see no harm done with a lot of copyright infringement though, especially with TV shows. What difference is there if someone records it on their DVR and skips advert ( let's assume it's free to air and advert funded) than if someone torrented it?
You may ask why someone would want to do this, many reasons and probably the biggest reason why people do this is that you can put it on portable devices.
Not all copyright infringement is bad.

Hold your horses. I'm not judging anyone, just pointing out that people wanting to do things via legal channels may be a reason they don't use torrents.

I have Usenet myself.

Back
Top Bottom