Lovefilm mockery

Soldato
The LoveFilm iPad app review on the store is full of bad comments just because it doesn't work for those with Jail Broken devices... cry me a river!

I also don't understand all the negativity about the steaming services they offer. Yes it's not glorious HD, but it's nice when you just want to stick a film on and you get a pretty decent selection to choose from. Sure it's not worth paying for as an individual item, but given that it's free with my package, it's a nice little bit of icing on the cake.

I've been using LoveFilm for a good few years now and they've always been great.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
I've been using Lovefilm for 3 years now, I think I've had around 3 scratched/unplayable discs, which I don't think is bad at all.

I wouldn't have watched some of the great films I have if it weren't for LoveFilm! The only downside is that they don't have new films by Universal due to a dispute.

Caporegime
The LoveFilm iPad app review on the store is full of bad comments just because it doesn't work for those with Jail Broken devices... cry me a river!

It's a valid critism, don't understand all the childish comments about it. Lovefilm are for no valid reason preventing their app from providing a streaming service that their users are paying for. Perfectly fine to criticise that. Shock and horror at the thought that different people need different functionality on their hardware.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Perhaps because they can't guarantee comparability and stability on a hacked device. Which is a small portion of people and totally unsupported on all sides.

Maybe even licensing rules from the film industry. Allowing films on a hacked device. Isn't going to do lo evil any favours trying to secure new licenses.

Caporegime
Perhaps because they can't guarantee comparability and stability on a hacked device. Which is a small portion of people and totally unsupported on all sides.

So what if they can't? It's the users choice, no reason to throw toys out of the pram and prevent it from running.

Maybe even licensing rules from the film industry. Allowing films on a hacked device. Isn't going to do lo evil any favours trying to secure new licenses.

C'mon they stream films to the PC where you can do whatever you want with it. A hacked ipad is hardly an issue in comparison. Evidently this isn't great for business either judging by the number of complaints.

Man of Honour
Who will get the blame for non working apps, the company, or will the user blame themselves. Of course it's the company.

And don't be so sure about the computer thing. This a big deference between streaming to a pc and actively supporting a hacked device.

Caporegime
The app doesn't work at all now, and everyone with a hacked device is blaming the company!

It's not actively supporting a hacked device to not implement os checking.

Someone has made the choice to cancel the service because it doesn't work for them (due to lovefilms purposeful actions) and then people criticise him for it, bizarre.

Last edited:
Soldato
Believe it or not, but piracy has improved the film and music industry in many ways, for example, the blu ray that so many of you adore was invented mainly to prevent piracy, of course with the development of high speed broadband connections the whole idea was kinda flawed but still, it also pushes artists, film producers and technology industries to work harder and give us better innovated content.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Believe it or not, but piracy has improved the film and music industry in many ways, for example, the blu ray that so many of you adore was invented mainly to prevent piracy, of course with the development of high speed broadband connections the whole idea was kinda flawed but still, it also pushes artists, film producers and technology industries to work harder and give us better innovated content.

Whatever way you spin it, what you're doing is shafting the filmmaker by obtaining a copy illegally. New media created to challenge them? lol give me a break.

Wake up.

Caporegime

Huh? The quality of films has gone massively downhill lately. Hollywood is churning out utter garbage. Better innovated content? Hmmm.

Man of Honour
One day were will have everything available, in HD, online to download on demand. I always find the applet works well enough the in the TV's I have, but the quality on downloads is poor and the range very small. If I'm in the mood for a film I want it NOW if I want it in high quality I go old school and walk into a shop. Apple TV is OK, but again it's rental only unless I want to download if first onto my iTunes. I WANT IT NOWWWWWWWWW

daz

daz

Soldato
Why have all streaming services been terrible?
Is it that hard to use hd versions for your database instead of sd?

Bandwidth is expensive - at the moment it still costs more to download a blue-ray (in terms of transit and network capacity) than to post one...

Soldato
I'm on my 60 day free trial atm and so far out of 4 blu-ray's I've had 3 unplayable duff ones. So I'm hardly impressed in that respect. I only had a friend refer me because I was rather impressed by the iPad app - and since iOS5's release, even they are flaky in use.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
I'm on my 60 day free trial atm and so far out of 4 blu-ray's I've had 3 unplayable duff ones. So I'm hardly impressed in that respect. I only had a friend refer me because I was rather impressed by the iPad app - and since iOS5's release, even they are flaky in use.

Thats some pretty bad luck there chap!

I've been with them 3 years and had hundreds of discs and I've only had to send about 3 back as unplayable

Another here who has been with them for years and had a few unplayable out of literally hundreds.

Its not hard though is it, you report a duff disc and they take it out of circulation. You can do this by marking the return env or online. I bet half the problem is the lazy ******* who cant be bothered to even do that.

Also I amazed at the state virtually new discs can be in, I mean what the **** do people do with them to get them in that state so quickly. And again thats half the issue, I bet they are the sort who think "its not mine I will just bung it on the floor after I have watched it rather than the "HASTLE" of putting it striaght back in the sleeve"

Seriously do people want to pay loads more and have Lovefilm check literally every disc after return to guarantee its perfect, or pay a little less and get the odd one iffy.

Also consider your player dont just blame the disc, some are just better at dealing with non perfect discs. Mine for example just seems to skip forwards a few secs even if there is a very visible nasty scratch on a disc.

I would imagine the jailbroken bit is an apple stipulation to get it past their vetting, at the end of the day you buy apple products you know youve bought into a certain mindset so dont cry when you come up against that mindset.

Back
Top Bottom