Lovefilm mockery

Associate
Not only is lovefilm a crappy service, but now the app wont run on my ipad as its jail broke... Sooo what??? Really annoying def cancelling the contract now

Caporegime
Not only is lovefilm a crappy service, but now the app wont run on my ipad as its jail broke... Sooo what??? Really annoying def cancelling the contract now

So you're cancelling the contract because their official IPhone app won't work on your buggy jail broken one with dodgey ios?

Also, whats wrong with the service, never had any issues with it, occasionally get a dodgey CD, but hey, email, send it back, done

Soldato
So you're cancelling the contract because their official IPhone app won't work on your buggy jail broken one with dodgey ios?

Also, whats wrong with the service, never had any issues with it, occasionally get a dodgey CD, but hey, email, send it back, done

Sounds more like their app is setup so that it won't run on hardware the owner has freed up.

Soldato
Sounds more like their app is setup so that it won't run on hardware the owner has freed up.

And rightly so. The developer wants to guarantee a consistent look which becomes difficult when you start to tinker with things that aren't designed to be tinkered with.

Associate
OP
Everything else works ok, Online service is crap, "new videos" actually means 1990's films we've just added, also qulity is poor compared to apple tv. Jb is a right !

Caporegime
Everything else works ok, Online service is crap, "new videos" actually means 1990's films we've just added, also qulity is poor compared to apple tv. Jb is a right !

Not really comparable though, Apple TV don't send out media do they?

Associate
Must say never had a single problem with love film. Really happy with their service but same with all companies some people get great service, some strangely don't.

Man of Honour
Im talking about online streaming

Mahoosive price difference. ~3 a film, compared to ~£15 for unlimited.
You get what you pay for.

And you can hardly blame anyone apart from yourself for the app not working. Few companies do not support JB phones and why should they. They have an image and service to maintain.

Soldato
Hear a lot of bad things but LoveFilm have always been great for me. The one time a disc didn't turn up they sent me two discs at once and added an extra rental for that month.

Soldato
I must say that Lovefilm was absolutely fantastic when i used their 30 day trial. The delivery was extremely fast (next day in most cases) and all discs worked perfectly.

Soldato
Funny I've not had any problems with LF. Cracking service and got the online streaming on PS3 and 3D TV in another room. Quality, not amazing but the range of films is pretty good if you're after a classic.

Soldato
Used Lovefilm for about 2 years, have to say I never had any issues with them.
Only annoying thing was the way in which you have to cancel your sub (can't do it online, have to phone them and get their "OMG DUNT LEAVE US PLEASE!" spiel), but that was only an issue once... :p

Boohoo their official App won't run on your hacked iPad. :rolleyes: (I don't like using this smiley but it's most appropriate here)

Man of Honour
So you don't really have an issue with LoveFilm, but with the fact they don't want their app running on what is essentially hacked software.

Yeah... what an evil company. Damn.

Associate
OP
So you don't really have an issue with LoveFilm, but with the fact they don't want their app running on what is essentially hacked software.

Yeah... what an evil company. Damn.

Yes they are evil...but service is still pants online, if you havent used it you wont know

Back
Top Bottom