Low depreciation semi interesting VAG cars - TT QS, R32, Opinions?

olv

olv

Soldato
I absolutely loved my TT qS and would definitely have another if I had the means and space to start a collection.

Soldato
I'd avoid the TT qS 240 – they're getting a bit needy these days, often need a fair bit of work to bring up to scratch (like most Mk1 TTs) and aren't really that interesting. Not devoid of appeal – I've owned one – but not something I'd make a beeline for in your position. If you are inclined to remap them and carry out a few other tweaks then fine but, otherwise, I'd not jump in for one of those. You're paying fairly significant money for a decent one, now, too.

I would, however, recommend having a look at either the 2.0 Turbo FSI or V6 versions of the Mk2 TT. You can get a smart, well-equipped car for not a huge amount of coin (a clean early V6 manual for, say, £6k–£7k) and they are leaps and bounds ahead of the Mk1 both in terms of drive, feel, interior refinement and more. I drove a boggo 2.0 FWD manual recently and it was a far more appealing prospect than my old qS. Had quite the sense of occasion to it, too, compared to what's around for similar money with a similarly straightforward ownership proposition.

R32 is an interesting shout but quite a leaden car with a good engine. Something like an Edition 30 would probably be a better bet.

I had a nose around a few 130is but must admit that they left me cold; certainly worth a gander, though, at any rate.

Back
Top Bottom