Low noise, cheap case with high CPU cooler clearance - Kolink Pitch?

Man of Honour
I'm looking for a quiet low budget build, but one area I'm willing to spend a bit more on is the CPU cooler. I'm currently thinking of a Thermalright True Spirit 140 Power, which my initial reading indicates gives a very good combination of performance, noise and price (even in the UK, where it's 60% more expensive than the manufacturer's recommended price in the EU - 60%!). The main drawback is that it's 172mm high.

That's not going to fit in most of the cheap cases I'm looking at. I have found one that it should fit in - Kolink Pitch is stated to have 174mm clearance for CPU cooler. It's not the case I really wanted (too many fan holes to let noise out and a top fan hole makes me worried about spilled drinks), but it's the only cheap case I can see that CPU will fit in (and it also has ample clearance for longer graphics cards) and it is very cheap.

I can't find any reviews for it...and it is very cheap. That makes me wary. I hardly care at all about appearance, so that's not an issue. If anything, I'd probably prefer a plain beige box for nostalgia reasons :)

So...does anyone have one? Is it OK? Or does it amplify every sound and hurl it out of the hole in the top to assault your ears before falling apart in a few weeks?

Or does anyone have any suggestions for alternatives for the case and/or CPU cooler? I'm after as quiet as I can get on the cheap and I think I'd be better cutting cost on the case than on the cooler (but I'm willing to listen if I'm wrong about that).

Soldato
apart from being Kolink, which is basically unbranded.. i seem to remember a post where not all the drive bay brackets are included and cannot be sourced ..

however if i was looking for case within this budget i would get one of the entry level Bitfenix cases. I built one for my mums work PC and its great for the price, there is no cable mangement spsace however, but there is a tie point which can strap all your cables too. heres a couple of pics below

Dd1iUlK.jpg
86ygykk.jpg
rHwLVTn.jpg

Associate
thanks Kurgen....but pulled the trigger on the kolink ....will be here tomorrow...liked the price and the side window....need to show off the lights on the motherboard :D....will post back on what it is like in case anyone is interested.

Soldato
im sure it will be fine, will be a bit flexible, and you might need a decent tool if the threads arent great on the stand offs.. its probably ones of those cases where the components make it rigid :D

Back
Top Bottom