Low to Mid range small smartphone spec

Soldato
Hi guys, after some help, the Mrs is after a phone with the following:

Good battery (1day easily, or removable battery preferred)
GPS
Screen size 4.6 to 5" preferred
Android (preferably)
Cost around £150 (willing to pay more for the right thing... Or less if it offers value for money)

Current contenders
Moto g4 (~£140)
Wileyfox Swift 2 plus (£150)
Xiaomi Redmi 4a (~£80)

She currently has a xperia compact 3 (4.6" screen) and really likes it but the GPS doesn't work and now the screen doesn't seem to register inputs.

I assume a Xperia z3 compact repurchase isn't a great idea value for money wise?

Please help me, shes indecisive! And if anyone has experience of the above phones that would be welcomed.

Soldato
Got a Moto G5 the other day. Can't find fault with it. Ticks all your boxes, it's a little smaller than the G4 as well. Nice 1080p screen, good fingerprint scanner, decent camera, SD slot, nice finish.

Struggling to see why I'd pay more for a smartphone tbh!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Got a Moto G5 the other day. Can't find fault with it. Ticks all your boxes, it's a little smaller than the G4 as well. Nice 1080p screen, good fingerprint scanner, decent camera, SD slot, nice finish.

Struggling to see why I'd pay more for a smartphone tbh!
Thanks giving that a look, removable battery too seems like a winner

Associate
Just a heads up, got the moto g4, coming from an iPhone 6 - I've never looked back, however you need to get a quick charge 2 charger for this phone the one that comes with basic non fingerprint takes an absolute age to charge- I couldn't believe it. The model of this phone with fingerprint, I think (don't hold me to it ) comes with Motorola's own turbo charger (yes it is cheesy calling things turbo.) Just letting you know!

Soldato
I just got my wife a G5 Plus. Seems really nice and a good upgrade from here original Moto G. Set up easy including migrating texts etc. Camera is a massive improvement which is key for her and I do love that you can add a micro SD to the 32mb installed memory. To be fair I'm not sure what another £400 really gets you!

Soldato
What about the Lenovo ZUK Z2 that's been on HUKD a while back, looked an impressive spec - reviews were good too when I looked for a new phone for my mum, in the end I went for a Moto G4 as Amazon could have it with me the same day.

Back
Top Bottom