• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

<<<=====LOWEST PRICE IN THE UK - MSI ATI HD 5850 Twin FrozR Graphics Card ONLY £124.99 Delivered!!==

Associate
will two of these run most games maxed at 1900x1200 on three monitor eyefinity setup? also i heard people were having a lot of problems with crossfire on the 5series? has this been fixed with new drivers now does anybody know? or was it down to user error?

well i was just reading a story about a troublesome 5850 crossfire problem, turned out to be a driver issue, just installed a previous set and everything is fine :)

Last edited:
Associate
Very very tempted.

And unlike the competitor whose' name rhymes with 'Gay', I'm sure OCUK wont be emailing me 4 days later to tell me it was all a mistake and cancelled.

Associate
Just sold my GTX 470, was going to wait for the 570s to drop to ~£250, now can go CF for same price with a couple of these. Always stuck to one card solutions in the past, really unsure if it's the right move. Any opinions?

Soldato
OK ... what clocks will I have to get this to in order to complement my 5970 @ 950/1315 ? I am thinking of putting it alongside for tri-fire as I have today ordered one of these --> http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-047-DE

My 5970 has the accelero extreme cooler so the cooler on this 5850 will keep the noise down at high clocks!

You'd only have to match the clocks as their effectively back down to whatever the lowest are.

It may be hard to match these clocks you have on your 5970, I would clock it down on the memory to 1200-1250 to be on sure it works properly :)

Soldato
If I bought one of these would it run on my PC? understand it will be bottlenecked by my other parts, but I was thinking of getting a new sandybridge setup and if a bargain graphics card could be bought this month, it might be an idea.

Soldato
How can you compare it to a card costing nearly double??

Quite easily. It's a talent I have :D

Old tech? 5850 is 40nm DX11 feature set last time I looked

It's still a year old and a previous generation. I'm not saying it's rubbish and yes it can still run some games well. I still consider something that is a year old to be old tech (in computer terms at least) especially when it's EOL and a replacement has been released.

Associate
Hmmmmm.

I have a 4870 and could be tempted by this.

Is it worth going up to a 5850 for £125, or Gigabyte GeForce GTX 460 OC 768MB for £120?

If there isn't much of a difference I won't bother.

Soldato
Hmmmmm.

I have a 4870 and could be tempted by this.

Is it worth going up to a 5850 for £125, or Gigabyte GeForce GTX 460 OC 768MB for £120?

If there isn't much of a difference I won't bother.
5850 is roughly 10% faster than a GTX460 1GB. And unlike most non-reference 5850 you see in stores, the MSI Twin FrozR actually still support voltage tweak, which would help on overclocking the card higher.

Associate
I'd absolutely love one of these, but I really need my card before Christmas. Will have to stick with the 460 plan.

Bah humbug :(

Sorry if it's been mentioned above but when is stock expected, as I'm very interested in one of these cards but would like it before Christmas?

Btw anyone know how quiet/lound these are, hoping it's near silent at least when idle?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom