ltd edition 172 mk1, what are they worth?

Soldato
Hi guys,

I've found a ltd edition mk1 172, one of the ones in scarrab green with the grey leather seats. Here's the specs

2001 Y reg 2L 16V Exclusive, no.003 of 172 made, Scarab Green with grey leather interior 10 spoke alloys tho he says they are 15" not 16" like EVO says, 61,000miles with FSH, MOT Aug, tax march, good condition 2 previous owners one being his mate. Custon exhaust but i'm sure its mongoose and K&N induction kit, otherwise standard, it sounded dam nice when i drove it, and shifted.

How much do you think it's worth? I think he's looking for near £6k.

Associate
The pricing sounds about right for the Exclusive, although i'd consider ditching the K&N for a standard setup, the replacement exhaust is fine due to Renault's poor standard kit.
For similar money there is of course the mk2 172, less mileage & a newer car, however the depreciation wouldn't be as good as the Exclusive.

If you go for it, let us all know, plenty of pictures are of course a requirement! ;)

Soldato
OP
Oh yes, i wouldn't worry about that. And I agree on the air filter thing, most aftermarket units let in more particles and don't really add any real world performance on their own. I'd keep this one totally std except for the exaust.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
I'd say a few quid more than a normal one of that age, bar the leather interior I'm not a big fan of them as I'm not keen on green cars. Plus I prefer the OZ wheels on the standard mk1.

Back
Top Bottom