Lucazade Orange change thier reciepe

Caporegime
But it won't taste the same :p

they never do though.

name me one diet drink that tastes the exact same as the "full fat" version? coke even tried to cheat using coke life which still had a lot of sugar in it to ease out the bitterness of the stevia after taste. it still didn't taste anything like the real thing.

lucozade isn't used for energy anymore unless it's lucozade sport. it's just a drink like any other. those wanting energy drink relentless, monster, red bull, rockstar, coffee, etc. lucozade is just a fizzy drink nothing special. lucozade sport has electrolytes at least.

Man of Honour
name me one diet drink that tastes the exact same as the "full fat" version? coke even tried to cheat using coke life which still had a lot of sugar in it to ease out the bitterness of the stevia after taste. it still didn't taste anything like the real thing.
it would be interesting to try a diet version made with Erythritol. Got some lankanto sweetner which is Erythritol and monkfruit, and its the first sweetener i've tried that tastes like sugar.
not that i like full fat sodas, unless they come in a bucket of ice, fund them to syrupy. But then most diet ones taste horrible, especially diet fanta.

Caporegime
it would be interesting to try a diet version made with Erythritol. Got some lankanto sweetner which is Erythritol and monkfruit, and its the first sweetener i've tried that tastes like sugar.
not that i like full fat sodas, unless they come in a bucket of ice, fund them to syrupy. But then most diet ones taste horrible, especially diet fanta.

interesting i've not heard of that one before.

aspartame gives me severe migraines if i have too much of it. it takes around 3 days to flush it out my system too once i've "poisoned" my body with high doses of it. so i avoid any diet drink with aspartame in it altogether.

seems like this may also have similar effects on some people.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/556918-the-disadvantages-of-erythritol/

i'm an advocate of stevia since it's natural. or just real sugar in small quantities. i use honey a lot for instance. everything in moderation and all. i have recently started using coconut sugar as an alternative.

real sugar isn't bad so long as it's in moderation. natural is better than chemicals or made in a lab IMO as it's easier for the body to recognise what it is and make use of it. the same reason why i prefer butter, coconut oil, over vegetable oils and margerines. it's incredible now how it's impossible to buy a "real" butter spread without lots of "lab processed and refined" vegetable oil in it even though there are natural alternatives like olive oil, etc available to make them spreadable.

Soldato
FFS when will we stop sustaining fat people and changing everything because some people want to be fat and stupid???

Everything is getting ruined because people wanna fat.

WHY?

Soldato
That would be a nice GD discussion, too tempting -

how do you feel about the maybe less stupid people being 'lobbyed' by the drinks industry to avoid putting taxes on these, so that our tax money has to continue to sustain the lower IQ lucazade drinkers in the National health service .. the MP's should be punished by being force fed the stuff - public lucazade-boarding ?
or, maybe they could restrict selling it to only people of sound body and mind ... like guns in the USA.

Caporegime
I find it quite funny that they've lowered the amount of sugar in a drink built on the fact it's full of sugar :D
I'm glad I'm not the only one confused.

The whole damn point of a sports drink is it provides easily metabolized sugars and salts. Reduce the sugar content and it has no reason to exist.

Soldato
OP
Quite funny that this thread has re-surfaced after my original complaint way back in Feb 2013! I actually got used to the new taste from then.

Last week I bought a bottle and thought it had gone off or something. It tasted vile, with a really strong after taste. So went to a different store and bought another bottle, same thing! I then noticed the new bottles now have added text "now with artificial sweeteners"

Oh well definitely not buying this again, it's awful. What's the point of them releasing a Zero range if they are going to completely change the original versions with the artificial sweeteners crap too?

Soldato
I had a rare can of Lucozade original last week, as a sort of goodbye. I'll try the new with-sweetener version at some point, but I doubt it'll be as nice.

Hopefully, they'll let the new version settle down before releasing a proper original full-sugar one, charging slightly more to cover the sugar tax.

Back
Top Bottom