Lucky Charms in UK

Caporegime
Cyber candy in covent garden (think they have a website too)

Also Selfridges do them (at least in London they do)

Soldato
How come these were taken off the UK market, remember them as a kid.

Yahoo Answers gave me this:

---
General Mills made a business decision to stop selling Lucky Charms in Britain. There are two on going thoughts on this.

First one is that the Leprechaun on Lucky Charms may have offended some people and General Mills decides the Leprechaun is too important for sale and it is better to lose the sale from Britain alone, then everywhere else. This theory is supported by the fact that the green clover marshmallow was previously removed due to sensitive issues.

The second theory is that the British government has deemed Lucky Charms as unhealthy cereal due to high sugar, and therefore General Mills has to pay a premium or tax to sell them in Britain and consequently General Mills decides it is more profitable to not sell them in Britain.
---

How true it is I do not know. :o

Soldato
I love using those american import sites. So far I've tried Captain Crunch, Fruit Loops and Fruity Pebbles.

Captain Crunch was nice. Kinda similar in taste to Sugar Puffs, but more crunchy. Fruit loops I wasnt impressed by. They didnt have that great of a fruit taste to me. Fruity Pebbles were waaaaaay nicer on the other hand. Like a fruit flavoured rice krispies, but with a somewhat grittier texture. But in a good way.

Their not cheap though by any stretch of the imagination =/

Back
Top Bottom