• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Lucky or mistake

Associate
I purchased a Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER WindForce OC 3X 8G 8192MB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card on the 22/06/2020 and at the time I was worrying that I was waisting money because of the 3000 series launch 5 months later, I knew getting hold of 1 would be hard but was not expecting the madness of price of cards so badly inflated. When I purchased the 2070 super at OC for
£399 then 6 months later the same card if you could find 1 was over £700 not OC and now I find them for >£1000
Should I sell the 2070 and go for a rtx3060ti or stick with plan and upgrade in 2 years?

Associate
Try and get a founders edition card (telegram notification)

If you do manage to buy a 30 series for RRP then you should make a tidy profit selling your 2070.

I don't see as much advantage buying a much more expensive AIB card.
Plus there is some risk selling your existing card especially on eBay.

Caporegime
Who's paying £1000> for 2070 supers these days? There are loads of newer cards in stock everywhere for less than that.

Beware of ebay as well. I'd be worried that someone will buy it, mine on it for 180days and send it back as faulty under paypals buyer protection if mining profits go south etc.

Caporegime
I think people are trying it on listing a 2070 super for that, unless yours has some special mining powers I'm unaware of. Nearly 3 times the price of a 3060ti FE and they aren't that hard to get with a little effort.

I just checked fleabay and the prices seem to be £500-600 buy it now. :confused:

Associate
OP
I haven't checked ebay it's full of to many scams to be trusted but I have just been looking at different sites the highest was amazonchinacrap at £1334.38
But then OC has the same card but only 2070 for £650
And by my maths you can get a 3060ti for less so not sure what you're point is my point is the ridiculous over priced cards and is it worth paying way over RRP to change from 2070s or keep saving for a couple more years and see what happens with gpu markets.

Caporegime
I highly doubt you’ll get that amount for a 2070 Super. I sold mine early last year for £450, it was an MSI Gaming X Trio so a good AIB. Had to wait a week or so for someone to offer what I wanted too.

Associate
OP
I know I could get £600 for the 2070 super say £500 in box that's still more than I paid and would not need to add much more but there is my point like the rrp of 3060 should be about £300 yet they are going for twice the RRP and then some
my question is stick with the 2070super and its a bloody good card for the price or spend twice what I should need to spend for a 3060, I don't need to sell any card I could buy a 3000 series card I have the money but who the hell would spend 50k on a Nissan juke
2 times the value but still the same car nope I will keep my money until the stupid is over because I don't want to give money away and fuel the fire.
3000 series cards knowing very few people got them for rrp all I see is stupid throwing money on the fire £700 for a 3060ti that's stupid money for a card.
Sorry if I have made anyone angry but look I might not have to wait that long to get that card for rrp how happy will I be for not making a mistake.
and thank you for your advise

Caporegime
a7cda629bdc26bbf3ba6f078a16bcd9a_w200.gif

Permabanned
I think people are trying it on listing a 2070 super for that, unless yours has some special mining powers I'm unaware of. Nearly 3 times the price of a 3060ti FE and they aren't that hard to get with a little effort.

I just checked fleabay and the prices seem to be £500-600 buy it now. :confused:
Most people are dumb as a saying, lines up with most people are greedy etc...

Heck takes two seconds to know this... Example below.

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Associate
Try and get a founders edition card (telegram notification)

If you do manage to buy a 30 series for RRP then you should make a tidy profit selling your 2070.

I don't see as much advantage buying a much more expensive AIB card.
Plus there is some risk selling your existing card especially on eBay.

will there be founders editions this time out ?

Back
Top Bottom