***Lumia 950/950XL***

Soldato
I notice that myself between the 640 and the Moto G4 I have the 640 feels slow in comparison. Irony is I still prefer using the 640 as an OS. Still don't like Android. I'm thinking of getting a 830 or 930 as they are very cheap now.

Yes actually I find my 640XL a bit slow sometimes, but for £135 new which is what I paid more than a year ago, can't complain too much. A budget phone is a budget phone.... Would love a 950XL, but they are still over £300. And yes, I'm a huge fan of Windows 10, both mobile and desktop. Have a few universal Windows 10 apps on both now, pretty cool.

Soldato
£249 inc VAT on the MS website now. Quite tempted to upgrade from my 930 as the battery is on it's last legs but am a little worried about the longevity of the OS.

Soldato
One thing I've discovered is the WP10 Maps has some thing the Google maps doesn't and thats a speed camera, and speed limits. Thats pretty much essential for me. Finding places is much better in Google Maps though.

Soldato
QUick update on mine (950). I'm impressed with the phone still and it's definitely got better with time. I'm on the slow insider ring and over the past month or two there's been a lot of updates coming through. Really hope MS don't call it quits and surprised many are seemingly wanting them to. Need more than just Crapple and Google OS's out there

Soldato
One thing I've discovered is the WP10 Maps has some thing the Google maps doesn't and thats a speed camera, and speed limits. Thats pretty much essential for me. Finding places is much better in Google Maps though.

I just plan my route destination on my main computer, add it to my favourites, and then select it on the phone when I'm about to depart!... Simples!!!

Soldato
Very tempted by the 950 at that price, does anyone have one and using it with the desktop dock?

Thinking it could be a good little setup for doing uni work.

Associate
Has anyone had issues with it connecting to Wifi?

Got my nan one of these as she broke her other phone when she dropped it, but wanted another windows phone.

This phone connects to any wireless network apart from her own.

All other devices connect fine, my ipad, my iphone, her ipad, my macbook.

I've reset the router, reset the router to factory, reset the phone to factory.

Same issue every time.

Tried 2.4ghz, 5ghz on every device. Removed all passwords from her wifi.

Still same issue.

Updated the firmware, tried the windows insider firmware. No Joy.

My mums set up is identical. Connects no issues.

Same modem, same passwords, everything is and was the same.

Deleted my mums network from the phone.

It's been a nightmare. I want to throw this PoS out the window.

It simply connects the network and then says 'there is no internet access through this network, do you still want to connect?'

This phone will not connect to the wireless at my nan's but is happy to connect to my iPhone's hot-spot.

I thought it was because its was holding onto something from a previous network but it's not.

Anyone got any solution to this, as I've about reached the end of the line with this phone.

Soldato
I've reset the router, reset the router to factory, reset the phone to factory.

Same issue every time.

I don't have any issues with my 640XL. I'd suggest looking at the Manage and WiFi Sense buttons - I have WIFI Sense turned off, and under Manage I've unticked or turned off the first two. Beyond that, not sure what else you can do.

Soldato
I'm getting so close to ditching the 950.... I've still got so many frustrations, and the last straw is going to be constant push notifications failing + constantly failing connectivity on 3G/4G & Wifi.

Currently looking at the Huawei P9. Gonna have a dig on the auction site and see what I can flog this thing for.

I'm a big Microsoft fan and have had the device for a while but they have failed to improve bugs and bring new features. The retina scanner unlock is great, but its too slow for me despite training it.

Soldato
I'm in a similar position. For example my 640 can't find any Wifi or Mobile data signal in poor areas, (like my office) the Moto G4 I have still finds a weak signal. Things like that.

Soldato
I'm in a similar position. For example my 640 can't find any Wifi or Mobile data signal in poor areas, (like my office) the Moto G4 I have still finds a weak signal. Things like that.

Similar, I'll go to an area wher ei have a saved Wifi password, it will connect to Wifi but report no internet. No amounts of disable/re-enable wifi connection gets it to work. I either have to reboot, or delete and re-add Wifi connection details. This happens at home and lots of other Wifi areas. So frustrating!

Soldato
As a big fan of Microsoft phones it is painful to see people having these sorts of issues ! I wonder if it is hardware or software - if the latter, then hopefully it can be fixed with a future update, but that is no excuse. I'm fortunate that my 640XL doesn't give me these sorts of problems. Yes I get failing connectivity on 3G and 4G, but only since I switched to Three. On EE it didn't happen, and a couple of people at work have issues with Three on their iPhones, so that is very much crap Three and not the phone.

Soldato
I dunno I just reset my phone and didn't use the backup, which fixed my calendar tile not updating, my glance config setting worked twice then crashed and I can no longer configure it. Every time I reset the phone, it never remembers that some in built MS apps have been changed to only work on internal memory, but installed them on the SD card, then can't update them, until I move them. Had this for about a year now. Also every time I reset it completely forget that my account has already rated and reviews everything installed and keeps prompting for every apps inbuilt or form the store.

So theres a lot of bugs with the OS itself.

Soldato
I've had to reset my 950 numerous times, and it does sometimes sort out issues. I've only had the phone a few months, I shouldn't need to! I had my HTC One M7 for 3 years and never reset it once! It just worked!

Soldato
I wonder if the SD card introduces instability. I had one card in there which the phone said had gone bad, I put another one in and that was fine for a few months and then I got a message about SD card errors. It scanned and then all was OK. They are high quality brand name cards as well. I need one because of the measly 8GB internal storage, but I never thought that the SD cards would give me problems.

Back
Top Bottom