M.2 Installation issues.

Associate
Hello All!

My wife recently came in to possession of a Kingston A400 M.2 SSD, when we installed it on to her mother board and attempted startup the PC got stuck in an initial boot loop and then booted to the BIOS, where we discovered that the PC was not picking up the SSD that she has installed already (where windows is located).

Upon removing the M.2 the PC still boot looped but eventually booted to windows with no issues...

Can anyone tell us where we're going wrong? As i've not come across this before..

Associate
Welcome to the forums!

Can you tell us what motherboard is it?

It could be that the M.2 socket disables the SATA port you've got the other SSD plugged into (assuming the existing drive is SATA).

Man of Honour
What Borealis suggested is probably the issue here, though SATA M.2 drives usually disable SATA port 2 or later, not SATA port 1.

You used the regular spacer and screw for the board and made sure the boot order was correct, right?

Associate
Upgraded a pc with new mobo, cpu and m2
I removed the other drives and installed windows to the M2, pointless trying to boot off a slower drive when you have an m2.

when all sorted I put back 3 drives and 1 dvd as sata ports 5 and 6 are disabled when an M2 is in use

Back
Top Bottom