M1 Closed (Jct 14 - Jct 15)

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Surprised no thread already.

The M1 is closed in both directions after a "suspicious object" was found underneath a bridge.

Traffic is being held up between junction 15 for Northampton and junction 14 for Milton Keynes.

The object was discovered beneath the motorway bridge at about 07:30 BST, Thames Valley Police said.

A bomb disposal unit has been seen travelling along the hard shoulder towards the scene and three fire crews are also in attendance.

The Ministry of Defence confirmed it had provided police with "explosive ordnance device assistance".

bZdOhow.png

Good luck driving home people.

I wonder whether there is something they can see to warrant this or if it is simply precautionary?

BBC News

Last edited:

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
#M1 b/w J15-J14 closures remain due to ongoing police-led incident-trapped traffic being released by being turned round-this will take time

— Highways England (@HighwaysEMIDS) September 19, 2017
Must have been quite the task!

What if... remember that body that was found on the M1 a few months back? What if it's these guys again but they stepped up their game after it being found last time so they dressed it up as a bomb to have the police dispose of the evidence for them... :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
Had fun with it this Morning coming up from Kent.

Sat Nav took me off at J13... then decided to say it was OK and to rejoin, so I u-turned and re-joined at J13.

It was not OK, fun 3 hours crawling to J14 with fumes for pretrol!

Man of Honour
Must have been quite the task!

What if... remember that body that was found on the M1 a few months back? What if it's these guys again but they stepped up their game after it being found last time so they dressed it up as a bomb to have the police dispose of the evidence for them... :eek:

Thinking outside the box, I like it!

Caporegime
Seems an awful long time to investigate whatever it is! - it closed around 8-8:30 am iirc and it's still shut (6pm)

The top end of the M11 and A14 from Cambridge to Huntingdon is completely borked but seems ok from the A1 onward, westbound at least...

I wonder what the economic impact of this works out at?

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Seems an awful long time to investigate whatever it is! - it closed around 8-8:30 am iirc and it's still shut (6pm)

The top end of the M11 and A14 from Cambridge to Huntingdon is completely borked but seems ok from the A1 onward, westbound at least...

I wonder what the economic impact of this works out at?
I'd hazard a guess at it being quite costly for this duration. No idea how you'd calculate something like that though.

Back
Top Bottom