mac book pro 17 for the missus?

Associate
Hi guys,

My GF has some scheme at work where she can buy a new computer over 3 years for tax savings etc to co inside with a new tax law comming into play over here in Denmark.

She mainly browses on her current PC and plays WoW now and then. She would also like Office and she can get that through work on some scheme.

We have a mac mini that she is quiet comfortable using and I suggested to her that it might be good to go for a mac book pro instead of a PC. She could still play WoW, load office onto it and browse etc.

So, is this a good suggestion? What upgrades should she consider? We had a quick look through the apple site and all I really thought worthy upgrades was the 7200rpm hard drive and the anti glare screen.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Matt.

Man of Honour
Using mine right now :)

The only upgrade to consider (aside changing the screen to a matt screen) is the SSD - over 3 years the extra cost is what, £7/month? Easily, easily worth it - it's stupidly responsive. I can open every app in my dock in about 15 seconds, searching / opening files is instant, etc. It's awesome.

Soldato
7200rpm drives aren't that big a deal these days. The 5400rpm 500GB drives already have great performance because the data density is through the roof.

Back
Top Bottom