MacBook Pro 2021 Case Suggestions

Soldato
As title, I've seen it asked a few times in the other thread but never answered so I'll start a MBP 2021 case suggestion thread - we are all spending maximum money on these laptops so want the best cases possible.

I personally want a permanently attached soft shell case, soft inside to not mark the laptop but hard outer, but also slim as possible!

Also considering something like a dbrand skin ? Any good to stop scratches ?

What have you all seen folks ?

Soldato
I’ve tried cases, skins etc

All of which annoyed me by adding thickness or reducing the quality feel of the device.

What worked for me, ultimately, is a good quality sleeve and being very obsessive about putting it in the sleeve when I was done using it.

On my 2017 MBP I didn’t have a single scratch after 3 years :)

Worth a try.

Soldato
OP
The Haber London ones seem to be in stock now, ordered one for the 16" - there are discount codes out there make sure you use them!

Yeah they look nice but sadly no vegan options so I'll have to skip that one!

I could just get a sleeve like Mr Rockliffe says, I have one for my 2016MBP but that does have a few dings on it, so want to avoid.

Associate
As title, I've seen it asked a few times in the other thread but never answered so I'll start a MBP 2021 case suggestion thread - we are all spending maximum money on these laptops so want the best cases possible.

I personally want a permanently attached soft shell case, soft inside to not mark the laptop but hard outer, but also slim as possible!

Also considering something like a dbrand skin ? Any good to stop scratches ?

What have you all seen folks ?

It was answered, the answer was: that it is too early for specific skins and cases that fit the new machines.

Probably not so great ones will hit the market soon, more qualities ones a bit later.

Soldato
I’ve tried cases, skins etc

All of which annoyed me by adding thickness or reducing the quality feel of the device.

What worked for me, ultimately, is a good quality sleeve and being very obsessive about putting it in the sleeve when I was done using it.

On my 2017 MBP I didn’t have a single scratch after 3 years :)

Worth a try.

This. Having faffed about with various cases over the years I bought a Native Union magnetic sleeve for my latest MBP and it's fantastic. Had it for a while now, my laptop has been up mountains in my rucksack and not a scratch on it. A lot more stylish too and means when you're actually using your MBP you get to appreciate it in all its beauty. The sleeve also doubles up as a protector for the bottom when using it as you just place the laptop on top of it.

Commissario
I also use a sleeve for my MBA (and did for my MB as well). When I sold my MB last year, it was in mint condition, despite being years old.

The sleeve also doubles up as a protector for the bottom when using it as you just place the laptop on top of it.

Just be a little bit careful doing that. It's not such an issue with the M1 devices that run almost completely cold but by putting a laptop on a soft surface, you're removing any air that may ventilate underneath. Laptop feet just raise it slightly from a hard surface, leaving an air gap.

Soldato
OP
Is the MacBook Pro vegan?

Probably the dumbest reply I ever read, and you get some corkers some times from the usual middle age white folk ! :cry:

The slip case from the website is made of leather..........that's my beef, excuse the pun, so, the skin of a dead cow - no thank you !

As for the MacBook I have no idea ! If it isn't, then it isn't but I need it to do my job - FYI veganism is about trying your best - you cannot be flawless in the philosophy - no one can exist on earth without making an environmental impact.

But a leather slipcase is a pretty obvious one to avoid ;)

Associate
The Haber London case finally arrived, its a bit flimsy if I am honest :(

No protection either, deffo not worth the £92 incl delivery!!

I am hoping that incase release a good case.

Back
Top Bottom