*** Macbook Pro Retina 13" ***

Associate
Rumoured to be coming at the same time as the iPad mini (event supposedly on 23rd October).

9to5mac said:
The new 13-inch MacBook Pro will be sold in two configurations, with differing processors and storage, and will be available for purchase soon after introduction.

Anyone else interested/excited?

Associate
Hopefully it's more like a smaller 15" rMBP than a thicker Air with a better display. Also it'll be interesting to see if LG have fixed the image retention issues.

Soldato
Heard about the iPad mini today which sounds like an attractive option if the price point is right. Been looking for something to use to browse etc whenever my MBP is hooked up to the TV for films etc. Don't really want to shunt £3-400 for a regular size ipad.

Not so excited about the MBP development in otherwords :p

Soldato
Rumoured to be coming at the same time as the iPad mini (event supposedly on 23rd October).

Anyone else interested/excited?

Yes but not until Haswell.

Hopefully it's more like a smaller 15" rMBP than a thicker Air with a better display. Also it'll be interesting to see if LG have fixed the image retention issues.

Surely a smaller 15" rMPB will be thicker (non tapered) than a MBA with a better display?

Associate
Surely a smaller 15" rMPB will be thicker (non tapered) than a MBA with a better display?

Of course it would be, but I think you misunderstood what I was saying (or I just poorly phrased it) - the 15" rMBP is much more Air-like in form factor than the previous gen. So the current 13" Air would be pretty close to what I'd expect from a 13" rMPB in terms of form: thinner, SSD as standard, dual core (albeit a slower one in the Air), no optical drive, no discrete graphics. There won't be much to differentiate the two once Apple inevitably update the Air with retina.

Soldato
Theres only 0.1mm difference in height between the 15" rMPB and the MBA's tallest point. So expect it to basically be the same without the taper.

Associate
Theres only 0.1mm difference in height between the 15" rMPB and the MBA's tallest point. So expect it to basically be the same without the taper.

The taper makes quite a difference. Also the weight is probably one of the best things going for the Air over the Pro

Associate
OP
Rumours from several sources keep flying in.

Supposedly:

* No discrete graphics chip
* New battery design
* As with the rMBP 15" - MagSafe 2, a pair of Thunderbolt ports, a USB port, and a headphone jack on the left and a USB port, an HDMI port, and an SD card reader on the right.

Back
Top Bottom