Macbook to monitor question

Soldato
There's a mini DVI port between the ethernet and firewire. It allows you to plug a variety of adapters in such as vga, dvi and composite. They used to give away vga adapters free with iBooks but they stopped that (also, the iBook adapters aren't compatible with the MacBook).

Soldato
punky_munky said:
There's a mini DVI port between the ethernet and firewire. It allows you to plug a variety of adapters in such as vga, dvi and composite. They used to give away vga adapters free with iBooks but they stopped that (also, the iBook adapters aren't compatible with the MacBook).

I think it's a bit of a kick in the nuts that you have to pay for an adapter after spending at least £700 on a laptop :(

Caporegime
Mohinder said:
I think it's a bit of a kick in the nuts that you have to pay for an adapter after spending at least £700 on a laptop :(

On the other hand it means you get a choice of DVI, VGA, or TV-out. I'd rather have that than VGA and TV with no DVI, like most notebooks.

Soldato
Caged said:
On the other hand it means you get a choice of DVI, VGA, or TV-out. I'd rather have that than VGA and TV with no DVI, like most notebooks.

I think you should be able to pick which you want, tbh. At the prices you pay for Apple stuff they're really well specced in every department but I think having to buy an adaptor seperate is mean, considering the prices you pay. It didn't stop me buying one, it's just a niggle :D

Associate
Caged said:

or they can just include all the adapters so we can have all the choices without paying extra money :p

Associate
I agree with the above, and I certainly think £15 is way overpriced too. I've just paid £829 for a Macbook from a department store (2 years warranty compared to Apple's 1 year but for the same price) and had to order the adapter off Apple for £15 + £4.50 postage. It is a kick in the nuts tbh.

Soldato
Problem Child said:
Will the output be ok on say a 22" or 20" monitor, in other words will the resolution scale up for the monitor?

Yep, the MacBook supports an external resolution up to 1920 by 1200, should be fine in most cases.

Back
Top Bottom