DELETED_3139

Man of Honour
Nice work :)

I don't mind electrical stuff in general it's trying to get wiring neat and tidy that I just can't handle, when I used to build my own pcs it always looked like a rats nest never mind how much I tried :o

Associate
Sweet.

Same engine as my old pitbike.
A good carb like a 4T keihin pe 28.
64mm BB kits are easy to fit. (177cc on that bottom end)
V2 heads are great.
Easy to waste money! lol

Transmission breaker
Don
Sunday 26th April 2020
Have one small issue and can't figure out the cause but with the clocks small bulb for the indicator light (one for both sides) fitted, when putting on left or right indicator, both side flash like with hazard warning. If I remove the bulb the indicators work properly again in relation to the switch. I can see the clocks indy warning bulb has both O(range) and LB (Light Blue) wires to it on the wiring diagram and these along with common GR(ey) are the same wires that go to the indicators so can't figure out why both started flashing both together. For now I've rectified the issue by removing the bulb as I don't really need it anyway

I suspect that you have a system where the dashboard indicator light is designed to be incandescent as the indicators were also designed to be incandescent.

Incandescent bulbs work both ways (electronically speaking) and I think my old cbr125 was the same. When I had LED indicators, an incandescent bulb in the dash broke the circuit by allowing flow in both directions.

I made it work by soldering two smaller LEDs together with a shared earth, and adding a third dedicated earth cable to the bulb connector to solve the issue.

Take a look at the second half of this post on my CBR rebuild to explain it in more detail :)

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/32516919/

Transmission breaker
Don
Thanks, I will look into that although I have bought a LED specific relay which itself makes my indicators flash correctly

Yup, that's right, but the dash bulb being designed for incandescent breaks the way it's supposed to work :)
If you do something similar to what I did in the past above you get to keep the dash light working as intended :)

You essentially make led 2 bulbs in one housing, one for left and one for right work separately with a shared earth, as they only work in one direction (as they are a diode)

Back
Top Bottom