Madeleine McCann cops ask Home Office for more money to continue search for missing child

Associate
Failing to do this means that nobody knows when to say enough is enough and stop (Or at least wind down).

But the McCanns have the media on their side and can always get the newspapers to start up an appeal or petition for more funding.

Somebody in Scotland Yard or the Home office should ask them and the newspapers what's so special about Madeline McCann that she takes priority before asking for more funding or ttell them that enough money's been spent.

Soldato
We don't have the **** to say enough is enough.
Maybe we need a Maddie referendum? How much have we blown away on this again? For just one person.
Very sad story but enough is enough.

Soldato
Is this likely to be an actual lead, or just like one of the other potential million leads they've had previously.

Looking at the evidence they've already released, I'd say there's a good chance that this will go somewhere.

If they know so much about phones being used etc they will probably already have traced a lot of his movements.

I was on the jury for a murder case maybe 15+ years ago and even then it was astonishing how they could track someone.

What they've released so far is obviously circumstantial but it hints at a stronger case to me.

Caporegime
At this point I imagine they are pretty much desperate to pin this on somebody - anybody - so they can say, "We didn't waste 10 years and £11m on this one missing person case for nothing!"

If the chap is a sex offender anyhow, then so much the better. Should be pretty easy to close the case with a conviction, based on some "new evidence" they'll conveniently find somewhere or other :p

Back
Top Bottom