Madeleine McCann cops ask Home Office for more money to continue search for missing child

Permabanned
QUOTE="Lakeland, post: 35160500, member: 43821"]I think we're going to need a 3 pronged attack to put an end to these puns.[/QUOTE]

Getting very off topic, sorry for starting this, it should be terminated now.

Man of Honour
Leaving a 3 year old unattended in a hotel room for 30 minutes isn't a safeguarding issue? :confused:

We wouldn't be having this debate if they had left all their kids for the hotel listening service to look in after 1 hour.
So what you're saying is that all the millions of parents leaving their kids every year to hotel listening services
is actually a safeguarding issue?
Now that I would 100% agree with.

Actually there were 9 adults and 8 kids in the party - https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/who-tapas-7-mccanns-friends-14135573

Soldato
We wouldn't be having this debate if they had left all their kids for the hotel listening service to look in after 1 hour.

Because that definitely would be a safeguarding issue? Or because it wouldn't?

So what you're saying is that all the millions of parents leaving their kids every year to hotel listening services
is actually a safeguarding issue?

Absolutely, there's no way I'd trust the safety of my 3 year old left in a strange hotel room on the other side of a holiday resort to some random hotel employee listening at the door every hour - that's plenty of time for them to get into all sorts of trouble. I'd either stay close by and take a baby monitor or just stay in the room, but then I value my kids rather than treating them as an inconvenience (even if they are a pain in the **** at times!) :p

It also depends on the age of the kids. If they're old enough to know how to look after themselves, not to do dumb things like drink bleach, and capable of getting help if needed, then fine, but not a toddler, I mean how stupid do you actually need to be to think that's a good idea? :confused:

I don't see the relevance of how many other people there were? Whether it was just the 2 parents or them and 200 friends, no-one was looking after the kids. It's self-evident. If they had been looking after her properly, she wouldn't have disappeared.

Man of Honour
Because that definitely would be a safeguarding issue? Or because it wouldn't?

Yes it would, I did say it would

Absolutely, there's no way I'd trust the safety of my 3 year old left in a strange hotel room on the other side of a holiday resort to some random hotel employee

At least we agree on that

I am very unsure that this German fella is the main man and still have a dodgy feeling about the parents.

It would be quite hard to pull off when there were 7 other adults in their group all taking turns.
It's quite weird how nobody has said anything about any of them being suspects, they have all been very quiet about it.

Man of Honour
I don't see the relevance of how many other people there were? Whether it was just the 2 parents or them and 200 friends, no-one was looking after the kids. It's self-evident. If they had been looking after her properly, she wouldn't have disappeared.

I interpreted the mention of the number of adults in the tapas bar party to mean that Gerry and Kate McCann weren’t the only parents dining there that had left their children in the hotel complex.
I’m not coming down on the side of that being acceptable or otherwise, just that that was the reason that other adults were mentioned.

Capodecina
Soldato
I am very unsure that this German fella is the main man and still have a dodgy feeling about the parents.
On the basis of what forensic investigation or inside knowledge do you suffer this uncertainty?
Have you spoken to the Polizei or even to the UK Police to explain the reason for your scepticism?

Back
Top Bottom