Magicool Radiator developing a leak in the fins after 6 months?

Soldato
It hasn't been touched since it was installed but I seem to have a slow leak developing from the fins of my G2 Slim which it appears to be seeping from. Anyone else had this? knew fittings were a weakness but from the fins is a bit unexpected.

s0K4Io6.jpg

I'd noticed my coolant had dropped slightly but attributed it to some bubbles in the system, I tilted the computer again and heard a slosh which panicked me a bit and as I was checking, I noticed a small puddle under the radiator. Cleaned it up and watched a drop form on the fitting and chased it up to this slow seep that comes back when wiped.

Soldato
Are you 100% sure that wasn't there before?

Any screws that may have penetrated one of the tubes slightly? I've only ever had this happen once when i went full leeroy and went through one of the tubes with a long screw lol (Was a noob first timer)

Soldato
OP
Are you 100% sure that wasn't there before?

Any screws that may have penetrated one of the tubes slightly? I've only ever had this happen once when i went full leeroy and went through one of the tubes with a long screw lol (Was a noob first timer)

It's been in the system running for 6 months, definitely no leakage until now. Would have thought if I hit the tube's I would have known about it earlier? I'll see more when I take it apart and hang my head in shame if so but I'd say no for the time being

Soldato
It's been in the system running for 6 months, definitely no leakage until now. Would have thought if I hit the tube's I would have known about it earlier? I'll see more when I take it apart and hang my head in shame if so but I'd say no for the time being
If its a really small hole, it will leak incredibly slowly to the point where you wouldn't notice it.

Other than that, the only thing i can imagine is it was like that from factory and you might have missed it? I have seen rads like this before from factory where they haven't been properly dried after testing and have rusted slightly. If i recall some of my old EK rads (and i mean old, like first gen) came like this.

Soldato
OP
If its a really small hole, it will leak incredibly slowly to the point where you wouldn't notice it.

Other than that, the only thing i can imagine is it was like that from factory and you might have missed it? I have seen rads like this before from factory where they haven't been properly dried after testing and have rusted slightly. If i recall some of my old EK rads (and i mean old, like first gen) came like this.
Thanks, sounds like that might be it as there is a bit of metal discolouration around there. Bad time to be buying anything but nevermind!

Associate
Its possibly not rust? I've seen some radiators come painted rust colour ish and you have to paint them yourself. Maybe it was just a poor paint job which I've also seen on many radiators.

Back
Top Bottom