1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mahogany/Steel Computerdesk [SCRATCHBUILD] Art deco inspired (Glass mounted, parts getting installe)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Huskybongs, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Huskybongs

Associate

Ye I was thinking steampunk and actual hydraulics and stuff.

2. faheemrazzaq

Hitman

Some sick craftsmanship. Really great work. thumbs up.

3. almostgfx

Hitman

wow great work!

4. vvalter

Gangster

Amazing! Wish I had skills like that.

5. Huskybongs

Associate

Time for final assembly. Bit time consuming but fun :D

So everything went out and the wood got polished a final time with some carvarnish and canvas. Then the cable combs were predrilled and installed. Then taken out again :D

[​IMG]

Then panels were put in and the cables thrown there.

[​IMG]

Bad picture but that small box keeps all the 230 volt. So we get cables for the screen, DAC and psu while using minimal space

[​IMG]

After a few hours of getting frustrated the combs were installed. This is a 2 man job:D one guy holding the comb while the other inserts 72 cables in order

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still got to watercut a comb or 2 for the 24pin atx and satapower so this is a bit of a mess still. Good enough to get running though.

[​IMG]

Apologies for those expecting the newest coolest gpus etc. This is my old trusted 3930k-i7 and 2 gtx 980s. I trust this rig and there wasn't money to buy brand new stuff

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Work continues but not that much longer left :D

6. LuckyBenski

Gangster

Lush. I do get a bit excited over a nice tidy cable bundle. My friend sends me photos of his best work as a data cabling engineer!

7. Mcthommo

Gangster

Holy cabling Batman!- cant wait to see the final pictures as its going to be epic :D

8. Begbie

Capodecina

This is outstanding!

I can't keep thinking how cool it'd be if that glass panel was motorized and then came up to be the monitor :D

Easily the best desk case I've ever seen.

9. mattyg

Soldato

There's something about this I really don't like!

Oh yeah thats it, It's not mine.......Damn fine desk there matey.... Well Jealous. Stunning effort..Well done

10. Huskybongs

Associate

That's an idea I've been playing around with but I'd rather use something that makes no noise. I'll get around making that some day..

11. Begbie

Capodecina

Hydraulic lifters, will still make a noise.

As will pneumatic air, but it'll sound awesome! Kaaaaatooooooooooosh :D

12. Huskybongs

Associate

Been toying around with an idea for an airplane inspired desk. There the pneumatics would make sense.

13. Huskybongs

Associate

Well small one but here goes:

The pipe strengtheners are done. Testmounted them already but you will see them again. Basically drew them up in CAD and watercut some 1365 hardened steel (10mm thick), This is the biggest one holding 3 pipes but there's about 16 parts total to this system.I tried to rock the pipes really hard but they didn't move so hopefully they will hold for transportation.

[​IMG]

Also the ODAC and usb hub is ready for use. And also the custom Headphone stand to match :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also here I was worried about strength so the plate (6mm) between the odac and the usb hub is welded to the frontplate which is 4 mm. Then bolted through with m5 screws hopefully this will survive daily use.

[​IMG]

Not to make marketing but I love these cans. Pure delight

[​IMG]