• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Major AIB Partner Withdraws from Intel Arc GPUs Due to ‘Quality Concerns’?!

Associate
Please can we have Raja strutting around like an absolute boss with his huge cigar at the launch party again?

I liked that part of the meme last time.

It's unsurprising that the board partners are getting tired. Intel need to pin down a release date on this and stick to it with a working product.

Caporegime
all the arc stuff reads like Chinese whispers.

probably needed to be released in august at the latest if it was going to sell well though

Associate
If the AV1 decoding options are as good as they say, as long as the encoder performance isn't any different to any of the models, this will make an excellent companion card to encode AV1 for AMD GPUs via OBS for streaming and recording footage (assuming it be much cheaper then the ampere equipped nvenc encoder gpus)

Caporegime
Even ignoring the hardware issues, the software seems to be, at best, in alpha.
no one really knows anything apart from all the crazy rumours flying around.
theyve had cards in china for ages now yet we don't constantly hear how crap the drivers are, the only people saying it are people who don't know

and the real reason AIB probably aren't that interested is because they have nvidia cards they are still worried about flogging.

seems everyone over estimated demand especially with mining falling off a cliff and gamers deciding to just wait.

inventories must be huge and no room for any more cards lol...

Associate
Gamers nexus did a video about the drivers. They are worse than crap. It’s shame really. Three big companies would have been good for competition.

Associate
Assuming its super cheap I could understand @Raelgun . However considering some were optimistic intel would be challenging the 3070 and realising in Q1 this year I think they have really fell short on the grand scheme of things?
They defo fell short, but honestly I only view these cards as a good sub card for the AV1 encoding for people with existing AMD gpus when it comes to streaming, if you already have an Nvidia GPU, its a bit pointless.

Of course if AMD encoders in the new gpus have excellent AV1 encoding and a wider support for its HVEC encoder which is actually good, theres nothing intel has to offer anymore.

I really want to see more dedicating encoding options from AMD thats more widely supported when it comes to OBS, considering how many people use Twitch and Youtube, its not a niche thing at all.

Caporegime
Gamers nexus did a video about the drivers. They are worse than crap. It’s shame really. Three big companies would have been good for competition.
yea and thats one person, we don't know if it was isolated to him or not do we.

wheres all the fuss coming from China and wherever else the low end card are out?

Soldato
I think people - including Intel themselves - are expecting too much from Intel's initial iteration. AMD took three goes to get it right with Ryzen, for instance.

Back
Top Bottom