Man attempts to burn 51 school children alive

Don
Chris, I edited you original post rather than deleting it, I agree with the sentiment and empathise with the awful situation. I hope you appreciate the mild tweaks, I concur with the sentiment entirely, just work on the linguistics/narrative?

Caporegime
Damn - so immigration policy terrorists are a thing at the moment?

Few days ago we've had a nutter in NZ who doesn't like immigration and goes on a rampage/commits mass murder in response to it.

Now we've got a nutter in Italy who doesn't like the crack down on immigration and so attempts to commit mass murder in response to it.

Caporegime
I imagine with the sentiment (rightly or wrongly) in Italy at the moment, even considering their lengthy immigrant past, lengthier than most, is going to be less than great for people who aren’t obviously ‘Italian’.

I mean even here after the last few years, perfectly able, contributing members of society are attacked verbally and sometimes physically for not ‘going home’. That sort of aggressive atmosphere is going to push many (usually he most contributing) to go elsewhere, which would be desirable for some... if not for the fact we needed them.

This may not apply to a bus driver, but still he does not appear to be the oft complained upon ‘layabout benefit scrounging menace’ that’s always on the minds of people looking for mostly baseless arguments.

This person has not done himself, nor his compatriots ( to be fair a lot of immigrants that have naturalised, seem to have a high incidence for being anti-immigration, probably to do with fundamental issues in the ‘I’ve got mine, **** you’ failing structure we have), and will ultimately continue to validate a corrosive and damaging society.

God knows what was going on in his life to validate burning 50 kids alive.

Man of Honour
Who the hell is putting that guy in charge of driving kids around?

And to think that when I first applied to do “The Knowledge” to gain a Black Cab driver licence, in 1969-1970, (they were issued by the Metropolitan Police back then) I was denied, as I had been fined in 1967, for punching a guy who pushed my fiancée to the ground as he ran out of a restaurant to avoid payment.
I was told to ‘keep my nose clean’ for at least another 12 months, then re-apply.

Caporegime
I imagine with the sentiment (rightly or wrongly) in Italy at the moment, even considering their lengthy immigrant past, lengthier than most, is going to be less than great for people who aren’t obviously ‘Italian’.

I mean even here after the last few years, perfectly able, contributing members of society are attacked verbally and sometimes physically for not ‘going home’. That sort of aggressive atmosphere is going to push many (usually he most contributing) to go elsewhere, which would be desirable for some... if not for the fact we needed them.

This may not apply to a bus driver, but still he does not appear to be the oft complained upon ‘layabout benefit scrounging menace’ that’s always on the minds of people looking for mostly baseless arguments.

I have no idea what any of this has to do with the situation.

You seem to be using this to push your left wing views again, which is baffling.

Caporegime
I have no idea what any of this has to do with the situation.

You seem to be using this to push your left wing views again, which is baffling.

Because posting ‘kill this man’ and leaving isn’t conducive to discussion.

It should be no more baffling than people constantly using it to push their corporal punishment tripe.

No problem was ever fixed by a lack of information.

Last edited:
Soldato
A 47 year old man from Senegal has attempted to incinerate 51 school children alive on a hijacked a school bus in Italy. Some were tied up, and after several crashes the individual, who was known to the police set the bus alight with the children on board. His beef was lack of action to safely bring illegal migrants ashore on the coastlines of the Mediterranean.

"A bus carrying 51 schoolchildren was hijacked by its driver and set alight near Milan in Italy.

The children, some of them tied up, were rescued through smashed windows at the back of the bus and no-one was badly hurt. Fourteen people suffered smoke inhalation.

The driver, a 47-year-old Italian citizen originally from Senegal, has been arrested.

Quite why an individual previously arrested and convicted for drink driving offences and assault was deemed a suitable driver for a school bus full of kids remains unclear, if not entirely unsurprising these days.

"No-one will survive," the driver was alleged to have said.

"It was a miracle, it could have been a massacre," Milan chief prosecutor Francesco Greco was quoted as saying.

A teacher who had been on the bus said the suspect - named by police as Ousseynou Sy - was known to be angry about Italy's immigration policy and about the deaths of migrants in the Mediterranean.

"He shouted, 'Stop the deaths at sea, I'll carry out a massacre'," police spokesman Marco Palmieri said.

Prosecutors said the suspect faced charges of kidnapping, attempted mass murder, causing a fire and resisting arrest.

Mr Greco said officials were still weighing terrorism charges against him.

The suspect was known to police, having been previously convicted of assault and for driving while intoxicated, Alberto Nobili, head of counter-terrorism at the Milan public prosecutor's office, told a news conference."

From today's Telegraph I see we can add sexual molestation to his known crimes, just how good can this guy's CV get to drive your kid's school bus...? But no worries, they are studying the possibility of revoking his Italian citizenship. Let's be mindful of this *******'* rights now....

"Police said the suspect had a criminal record, with convictions for sexual molestation and driving while drunk. He obtained Italian citizenship in 2004.

Mr Salvini, the interior minister and head of the anti-immigration League party, asked why a person with a criminal record was allowed to drive a school bus.

Interior minister officials said they were studying the possibility of revoking the driver’s Italian citizenship."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47642298

What's your point OP - what do you think about it?

Back
Top Bottom