Man in the high castle (amazon)

Sgarrista
Commissario
No other thread about this, what?!

Season 3 just landed, possibly my current favorite bit of TV going, I've been hooked since season 1.

Soldato
Just finished watching the 3rd Season. Found Season 1 good but slow and Season 2 really stepped things up, this continues on from Season 2 and was entertaining all the way through however, I do think Season 4 should wrap it up.

Due to the the moves forward made in season 3, the existence of parallel worlds, the Nazi's building a machine to travel to them, even if Julia who travels at the end is successful in say warning these other worlds that the Nazi's are coming I don't think it warrants a whole extra season of her trying to spread the word as she did in this season. One more season would wrap it up nicely whereas more would make it drag, most of the mystery of the films is gone so get to the meat/culmination as it were. Found it a bit jarring how her sister came back in and then was gone but I suppose that was to illustrate the traveler concept. Also Joe's death was surprisingly but it fit in well with the story.

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Smith is by far one of my favorite characters of all time. The guy is absolutely savage, makes Walter White look like a saint in comparison.

Soldato
It's the background bits I really like. When you see 'Resistance' members (who you just know had nothing to do with anything) being lead up and machine gunned (and then you hear more later and the on-screen characters don't even acknowledge it with a twitch) you truly get a reminder of how brutal the Kempeitai are.

Soldato
I'm still slogging my way through the 1st season of this. It's a bit of a weird one, I'm enjoying it but equally finding it quite slow going. I think it's the case that this is a show that I really need to be in the mood to watch, I need to be paying attention and I need to be in the right frame of mind to be properly immersed in it.

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
I'm still slogging my way through the 1st season of this. It's a bit of a weird one, I'm enjoying it but equally finding it quite slow going. I think it's the case that this is a show that I really need to be in the mood to watch, I need to be paying attention and I need to be in the right frame of mind to be properly immersed in it.

Yes, its certainly not a casual watch show. It requires some concentration.

Man of Honour

Yeah definitely have to be in the mood to watch. I find it very stuffy getting going but when it does it really launches. I got to see an extended preview (actual episodes) of season one before it was released and really didn't click with it in first viewing but rewatching it in release knowing how a lot of it went together I actually found I enjoyed it more second time around when I could spend more time taking in the smaller details.

(possibly why it is in the US section as some of us got to see it before the general UK launch).

Soldato
Just finished Season 3, have to say as much as I like the concept and characters it's starting to drag a little. Hoping the season 4 will focus on an end rather than looking to extend based on popularity.

Man of Honour
I really want to like this show as it should be right up my alley. I've given it 5 or 6 episodes and I'm struggling to be honest. It just doesn't seem to progress or grab me. A shame.

Yeah it is a real struggle to get through the first half the each season but then it hits an episode where it all comes together. I've got half way through episode 3 of season 3 at the moment and don't have the will to continue right now but I probably will at some random point in the future.

Soldato
I've only watched ep1 of season 4 and I think I agree with other comments. I don't have a massive desire to watch Ep2 right now. It just seems overly complicated and a little hard to follow. I know when I've got to the end of other seasons though, I've really enjoyed it, so I will push on!

Soldato
Yeah I watched Season 1 and Season 2 but then Season 3 came out and I thought hmmm can I be bothered. Season 1 is a slog upto that WTF moment when it changes direction completely then it switches back and it starts getting a bit "Lost" then
when you get to the scene with the barn and all the films it starts to mess with your head a bit
I think its trying too hard and puts you off. Might revisit it one day.

Soldato
Season 2 was really hard going for the first few episodes, the wife and I gave up but on re-watching the second half was amazing really accelerated away. Season 3 was pretty good but not end of season 1 or 2 levels. I'll watch all of season 4 because this show has a habit of starting slow.

Back
Top Bottom