Man opens fire on Dutch tram, several hurt

Caporegime
There’s plenty of polls showing support for ISIS among the worlds muslims. France is one of the worst places for it.

If you mean the ICM polls, they aren’t the best. The question asked seems to be slightly ambiguous aswell, especially considering ISIS has several descriptions that confuse the situation.

Depends on context too, before or after widespread beheadings and general extremist behaviour for example.

And finally like many people, they may think the question is about their shared beliefs, being rigidly patriarchal, anti homosexual and what not.

There’s no doubt plenty of support mind you, but a much more comprehensive polling with neutral questions would be preferable before using it decidely as abundant evidence.

Soldato
A lot of Muslims are ISIS sympathisers though, without resorting to action themselves.
One survey, so just adding to the mix rather than solving the question, but it found that white people were more likely to sympathise with terrorists than those from a Pakistani background:
https://www.theweek.co.uk/100221/wh...treme-views-as-pakistani-british-survey-finds

We had people in this forum saying "some of his stuff makes sense" about the NZ mosque guy's manifesto. As if that mattered or added to how we interpret his actions.

Caporegime
There’s plenty of polls showing support for ISIS among the worlds muslims.
Maybe you could source those then?

France is one of the worst places for it.
Is it? Source, for those watching from the sidelines?

cheesyboy - I don't think that's what harmony meant (if that's even what you're implying) but it was a pretty spectacularly vulgar display of "let's not dwell on the murder spree, gee, this guy can write well!" which prompted him/her into a small fit when the thread was closed, the thread he/she started moaning about thread closure was closed, and then the trial thread he/she started to circumvent prior closures was also closed.

Caporegime
One survey, so just adding to the mix rather than solving the question, but it found that white people were more likely to sympathise with terrorists than those from a Pakistani background:
https://www.theweek.co.uk/100221/wh...treme-views-as-pakistani-british-survey-finds

We had people in this forum saying "some of his stuff makes sense" about the NZ mosque guy's manifesto. As if that mattered or added to how we interpret his actions.
Yeah, all surveys are flawed to a degree. There’s so many variables among individuals, that it’s impossible to pigeonhole people into the same group. There’s evidence of all sorts of viewpoints if you look in the right place.

Caporegime
Maybe you could source those then?

Is it? Source, for those watching from the sidelines?

cheesyboy - I don't think that's what harmony meant (if that's even what you're implying) but it was a pretty spectacularly vulgar display of "let's not dwell on the murder spree, gee, this guy can write well!" which prompted him/her into a small fit when the thread was closed, the thread he/she started moaning about thread closure was closed, and then the trial thread he/she started to circumvent prior closures was also closed.
Im talking about ICM and Ipsos Mori polls. https://www.vox.com/2014/8/26/6067123/isis-poll

https://www.ipsos.com/sites/default...-on-muslims-in-great-britain-ipsos-mori_0.pdf

Caporegime
vox lol said:
First, a caveat: while the polls of Gazans and Europeans are similar, they are not totally identical. They were conducted by different polling agencies using different methods, and the different question could skew responses, as "support" is stronger than "favor." So keep that in mind when comparing the Gaza results to the others, although it is hard to ignore that ISIS could have a higher approval rating in France than in Gaza.

Those are some pretty hard caveats.

Permabanned
Jesus wept, theres few ideologies in the world that can make someone so full of hatred at the sight of female skin.

Whilst there are those Muslims who take their opinion of what women outside their faith should wear to extremes I have to say I do have sympathy with those that find offence at women going about in public dressed as if they have just come off work on some street corner in a red light district. Some decorum is part of civilised society, it would trouble me seeing a daughter or wife of mine dressed in very provocative clothing in public, both morally and from their safety aspects. Sadly the media instils a desire for young girls to emulate their "heroines" however common their appearance.

Soldato
It depends. Some scholars advocate Islam changing. Having read the Koran/Qur'an I can say there are some very... Dangerous verses and lots of references to the unbelievers home being the fire.

The problem is Islam is the unalterable word of God.

As was Christianity at one point, the problem with Islam isn't that it's a young religion, it's the area it is based in and has the largest following. It was easy for Christianity to mature and progress in societies who have evolving morals and culture, but Islam maturing and progressing somewhere like the middle east is an impossibility. For as long as the middle east is a backwards cesspit, Islam will have inhumane followers and there's nothing to be done about it.

Soldato
As was Christianity at one point, the problem with Islam isn't that it's a young religion, it's the area it is based in and has the largest following. It was easy for Christianity to mature and progress in societies who have evolving morals and culture, but Islam maturing and progressing somewhere like the middle east is an impossibility. For as long as the middle east is a backwards cesspit, Islam will have inhumane followers and there's nothing to be done about it.
Catch 22

Soldato
Whilst there are those Muslims who take their opinion of what women outside their faith should wear to extremes I have to say I do have sympathy with those that find offence at women going about in public dressed as if they have just come off work on some street corner in a red light district. Some decorum is part of civilised society, it would trouble me seeing a daughter or wife of mine dressed in very provocative clothing in public, both morally and from their safety aspects. Sadly the media instils a desire for young girls to emulate their "heroines" however common their appearance.

Ok? What was they girl wearing they insulted? Jeans and a cropped top, hardly a bikini is it, even if she was wearing a bikini, calling her a **** is hilarious seeing as we know what those types of people would do to her given the chance.... and of course that would be her fault for wearing a bikini.

Last edited:
Soldato
as we know what those types of people would do to her given the chance.... .

What do you mean by that?
Ohhhh, you've drunk the kool aid that Asian people are more likely to rape and molest women
Nothing to do with the night time economy and opportunity which studies show is more likely the reason, I guess that explanation doesn't help justify your racist opinion so you'll gloss over that :rolleyes:

Soldato
You heard it here first folks. Asian people only rape more because they work nights.
Sounds like a valid reason. I also like how he suggests statistics and facts are racist.

It would be nice to have crime statistics also but they seem to be censored across Europe by leftists to hide the explosion in sexual assaults by migrants. Who would have thought Sweden would now have some of the highest sexual assault numbers in the world.

Permabanned
It appears this attack may have been influential in a huge swing to the populist right in the elections in the Netherlands:

"The governing centre-right coalition in the Netherlands has lost its senate majority after a populist party surged in provincial elections.

The anti-immigration Forum for Democracy is set to win most votes and have as many seats in the upper house as Prime Minister Mark Rutte's party.

The election came two days after a suspected terror attack in Utrecht.

Addressing supporters, party leader Thierry Baudet bitterly criticised Mr Rutte's immigration policies.

"Successive Rutte governments have left our borders wide open, letting in hundreds of thousands of people with cultures completely different to ours," he told the cheering crowd.

Mr Baudet, who was criticised for continuing to campaign after Monday's shooting on a tram, said Dutch people were being "destroyed by the people who are supposed to be protecting us".

Analysts say he may team up with the anti-Islam Freedom Party, led by far-right politician Geert Wilders. Mr Wilders has seen his party's seats decline from nine to five.

With about 94% of the vote counted, Forum for Democracy is believed to have won the most votes. Forum for Democracy had no seats in the current 75-seat upper house. It is now set to have 12.

Mr Rutte will now need the support of other parties beyond his own coalition to pass legislation. The 38 seats previously held by his coalition will now fall to 31."

No wonder Juncker is on the sauce so much.....The FfD are strongly anti EU

Caporegime
It appears this attack may have been influential in a huge swing to the populist right in the elections in the Netherlands:

"The governing centre-right coalition in the Netherlands has lost its senate majority after a populist party surged in provincial elections.

The anti-immigration Forum for Democracy is set to win most votes and have as many seats in the upper house as Prime Minister Mark Rutte's party.

The election came two days after a suspected terror attack in Utrecht.

Addressing supporters, party leader Thierry Baudet bitterly criticised Mr Rutte's immigration policies.

"Successive Rutte governments have left our borders wide open, letting in hundreds of thousands of people with cultures completely different to ours," he told the cheering crowd.

Mr Baudet, who was criticised for continuing to campaign after Monday's shooting on a tram, said Dutch people were being "destroyed by the people who are supposed to be protecting us".

Analysts say he may team up with the anti-Islam Freedom Party, led by far-right politician Geert Wilders. Mr Wilders has seen his party's seats decline from nine to five.

With about 94% of the vote counted, Forum for Democracy is believed to have won the most votes. Forum for Democracy had no seats in the current 75-seat upper house. It is now set to have 12.

Mr Rutte will now need the support of other parties beyond his own coalition to pass legislation. The 38 seats previously held by his coalition will now fall to 31."

No wonder Juncker is on the sauce so much.....The FfD are strongly anti EU

So were the Greek, Italian and French populists... a single whiff of power, and they immediately capitulated. Dutch are a bit different, closest in culture norms to the UK, but I still expect continentalism to be the primary function of any popular party in Europe proper

As they immediately realise that the EU can run in their favour, contradictory to their nationalism.

Regardless the wonder of a proportional representation, is that they are still largely powerless, especially over their utterly moronic environmental policies in a country destined to be wiped out by rising sea level, on that alone the greens will probably be the first choice to get things done.

It would be slightly ironic that.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Err did you post this from The 1940s?
It's so archaic it makes me laugh.

Sweden has deffo rubbed off on me.

Back
Top Bottom