Manchester United: Frustration

Man of Honour
I take option B.

We need two central midfielders, we have enough strikers to compete we dont have a middfield.

I'm hoping Ruud goes to Bayern and Fergie gets Hargreaves plus.

If we sign carrick (which i hope we dont) then a midfield of Hargreaves / Carrick would certianly be a lot better than what we have now.

and as for the rooney thing.

I would actually say Ronaldo is on a par at the moment with Rooney, but neither of them are best player in the world material. Hell I Dont think they could be considered Best int he PL.

Associate
Would depend who the 2 midfielders were tbh. The point Icebus makes about Torres being a young guy and a long term prospect as well is spot on and would swing me towards A, but if I could handpick my 2 and then RvN and SAF kiss and make up then were talking

Associate
Its just the way a lot of people think - the same is happening to rooney what happened to owen, he does one or two great things while young, and dont get me wrong, they are both fantastic players - its just people tend to rest far too much on them.

I.e. Englands only chance of winning the WC was rooney, at least thats the way everybody thought.

Why then, did england play much better when he wasnt on the pitch towards the end of the portugal game? :p

I dont know though, i mean - they are both good players, i just dont rate either now or before as best in the world material, and right now im only comparing it to owen because he got the same sort of press back then.

Doubt anyone will agree with me though.

I'd go as far as to rate C. Ronaldo over Rooney, he seems to work so much harder than rooney, especially if im going purely on WC performance

Meh.

I hope united get torres and gattuso, im skeptical(sp) about carrick

Man of Honour
CRonaldo didn't do anything at the WC except dive :/

England played better (if they did, I don't really agree) without Rooney because they played in the fashion we all knew they should have from the start.

Morthoseth said:
Its just the way a lot of people think - the same is happening to rooney what happened to owen, he does one or two great things while young, and dont get me wrong, they are both fantastic players - its just people tend to rest far too much on them.

I.e. Englands only chance of winning the WC was rooney, at least thats the way everybody thought.

Why then, did england play much better when he wasnt on the pitch towards the end of the portugal game? :p

I dont know though, i mean - they are both good players, i just dont rate either now or before as best in the world material, and right now im only comparing it to owen because he got the same sort of press back then.

Doubt anyone will agree with me though.

I'd go as far as to rate C. Ronaldo over Rooney, he seems to work so much harder than rooney, especially if im going purely on WC performance

Meh.

I hope united get torres and gattuso, im skeptical(sp) about carrick

When do you ever see CR tracking back for Manu. At least Rooney does it and hes a forward!!!

Soldato
williamw11 said:
When do you ever see CR tracking back for Manu. At least Rooney does it and hes a forward!!!

Ditto. Ronaldo never tracks back and half the time doesn't even attempt to challenge, just holds his arms up in the air as if to say 'I'm a forward, it's not my problem'. That really gets on my wick.

Associate
Gilly said:
CRonaldo didn't do anything at the WC except dive :/

England played better (if they did, I don't really agree) without Rooney because they played in the fashion we all knew they should have from the start.

i.e. not playing rooney on his own up front, he cant produce anything worthwhile and often enough - should have been supporting someone.

But yeah, CRonaldo did dive a lot, thats a given, but he did seem to give the most effort out of any players on the pitch in pretty much all of portugals games, bar germany.

Soldato
williamw11 said:

Thats a double edged sword though isnt it.

Do you really want your best forward tracking back and wasting energy closing down everyone who goes close to the 18 yard box. Rooney undoubtedly has lots of energy but Id hate to see him pick up stupid injuries and bookings because of this tracking back he does. A bit like Scholsie in the respect he is not the best tackler in the world. To be fair the defense isnt that bad so there is no need to do it as often as he does

Loki said:
Thats a double edged sword though isnt it.

Do you really want your best forward tracking back and wasting energy closing down everyone who goes close to the 18 yard box. Rooney undoubtedly has lots of energy but Id hate to see him pick up stupid injuries and bookings because of this tracking back he does. A bit like Scholsie in the respect he is not the best tackler in the world. To be fair the defense isnt that bad so there is no need to do it as often as he does

That wasnt the point I was making in my reply. I agree I dont want him tracking back but if the midfielders did it ie CR then he wouldnt need too.

Caporegime
Morthoseth said:
It was true though, certainly because Lampard was nothing short of useless and Sven picking 4 strikers in total, 1 who got injured, 1 who isn't England class and 1 who hasn't played top level football.

So yes, our only chances of winning the world cup DID infact rely on Wayne Rooney.

Soldato
NokkonWud said:
So yes, our only chances of winning the world cup DID infact rely on Wayne Rooney.
Sorta speaks a lot about the state of English football really that does.
Not in an extremely negative way, but it just reminded me of a point my mate made the other day.

Soldato
BoomAM said:
Sorta speaks a lot about the state of English football really that does.
Not in an extremely negative way, but it just reminded me of a point my mate made the other day.

Well spit it out then. Less of the cloak and dagger stuff :D

Soldato
9e75d0e322.jpg

Am I the only one who thought Fresh Prince Apache dance?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XHfxtAelOio

Soldato
Loki said:
Well spit it out then. Less of the cloak and dagger stuff :D
Nah. I could do without the backlash from half the forum desperately trying to prove me wrong. Even if i did put in extremely large letters that it wasnt my point, im just the messenger. :D :p
IceBus said:
Tonto, jump on it....

They do look like they are doing that dance. :p

Back
Top Bottom