Marantz CD80 replacement??

gkt

gkt

Associate
Hi,

I am looking to buy a Cd player which would replace my Marantz CD80 player which sadly is jumping and not reading discs very well. It would seem parts for this player are non existent anymore!

I presently have Arcam Black box.. Audiolab Pre-amp...Audiolab c Amp.. Kef 104/2 speakers.

Any advice would greatly received!

Thanks.

Gary.

gkt

gkt

Associate
OP
Hi.. thanks for the info.. its CDM1 mk2.. The philips looks as though its a walkman type!?! be great to find a donor Philips with same Transport though.. thanks. :)

Man of Honour
Depending on what you're looking for then you might want to have a look at the ARCAM DVD/CD players - the DV27 in particular is great as a transport but also has a very good internal DAC. I really rate my Denon DVD-2900 and you can pick them up for a song now. The Pioneer DV-989avi is outstanding as a transport; this reported by a friend who has easy access to ARCAM, Accuphase and dCS.

Kei

Kei

Soldato
If you do end up replacing it, don't bin/skip the old marantz even if you cant repair it. People will pay silly money for the old philips TDA1541A S1 crown dac in it.

jpauls advice is good. I did the same thing when my marantz CD56 died and used an old philips machine for parts.

gkt

gkt

Associate
OP
If you do end up replacing it, don't bin/skip the old marantz even if you cant repair it. People will pay silly money for the old philips TDA1541A S1 crown dac in it.

jpauls advice is good. I did the same thing when my marantz CD56 died and used an old philips machine for parts.
Really! What would you do in my situation.. I ordered a new CD this evening...

Back
Top Bottom