Married and trying to find form for wife to stay in the UK

Associate
ILR (indefinite leave to remain) does cost £900 has gone up a lot in the last few years. You may need to go spousal visa first and after an appropriate amount of time on that visa type apply for an ILR visa

Associate
My only advice would be to speak to an immigration lawyer. The last thing you want to do is spend all the time and money filling out what you think is correct, to find out youve done something wrong, and risk your other half being deported.

Of course this will cost you more money, however, it will be worth it for the extra hassle you may receive.

Permabanned
Aint the Turks in the EU or something, so they can come over here, nick our benefits, get 5 bed houses etc?

Not saying your wifes like that, obviously she has some brains by marrying you to ensure a nice 50% cut in everything. Just beware if her brother 'Hakan' or 'Ozmit' visits... she might fall pregnant by coincidence.

Associate
OP
All the good answers are greatly appreciated. As with any subject you expect a certain degree of silliness in the replies you will get. My wife and I love each other a lot. It shouldn't matter where she is from but it does obviously to the goverment because they want to prevent sham/fake marriages. We have been together for well over a year and this just seems like a slap in the face for us after getting married. She speaks fluent english, is educated to degree level.

Soldato
Settlement visa is required, my wifes application went in on monday, costs around £750 but the prices go up in April by around 10% you will need about 10 tonnes of paper work. VAF4A is the form you need but in Indonesia you had to apply online so you need to check with the british embassy.

Your wife will have to pass an approved english test (speaking and listening) unless she got her degree at an english speaking uni.

It takes a long time costs allot of money and is very very annoying but at the end of the day its got to be done.

http://ukinturkey.fco.gov.uk/en/visiting-uk/visas/ should be your first port of call.

Associate
My wife got her Visa in February, she is from the US though. We paid quite a lot of money to push it through but it was approved in 3 days. We made a folder detailing everything about our relationship, pics, emails, bills, marriage license etc to go with the application. The fees are set, you wont find it cheap anywhere. Be careful with lawyers the first one we used was terrible, cut a long story short, married in October, Visa in Feb becuase this idiot kept saying he needed paperwork, we ended up doing it ourself.

Associate
OP
Settlement visa is required, my wifes application went in on monday, costs around £750 but the prices go up in April by around 10% you will need about 10 tonnes of paper work. VAF4A is the form you need but in Indonesia you had to apply online so you need to check with the british embassy.

Your wife will have to pass an approved english test (speaking and listening) unless she got her degree at an english speaking uni.

It takes a long time costs allot of money and is very very annoying but at the end of the day its got to be done.

http://ukinturkey.fco.gov.uk/en/visiting-uk/visas/ should be your first port of call.

I should mention that we got married in england and are living together so that form dosnt apply. She is also taking an Cambridge FCE in english from an approved english college (listed on the home office website)

Back
Top Bottom