Married and trying to find form for wife to stay in the UK

Associate
I got married to my beautiful wife in early march we had been planning it since we the end of the 2010. We have known each other for a year, we are living together and we both have lots of plans for the future. What is causing us a problems is finding the correct form to enable her to apply for leave to remain in the uk as a spouse. She is turkish and two of her friends are married and both of them can't remember the form which they filled in.

They seem to remember a free of 350 pounds but the only forms from the border agency cost 900 pounds. here's a bit of information about our circumstances.

-We both live together and have been living together for 4 months now
-We are both obviously married
-She is currently studying a home office approved english course at a college
-She has been in the uk for 2 years, all of which were on a student visa
-She speaks almost perfect english
-She has a degree in public administration
-I am english, Have an english passport and work full time with no dependents

Soldato
You are looking for a Spouse Visa. It will cost you about £700 for the visa. I recommend you use a company to help you through the process.

You need to submit a lot of information for this visa, and you really want to accepted first time as you do not get a refund!

I will give you a link to the forms you need. Will need to find them.

Man of Honour
I'd strongly suggest speaking to the UK Border Agency, the relevant page is here which will explain the basic process for you. If that doesn't clarify it sufficiently then head on down to your local office and see if they can't go through it with you in greater detail.

Associate
There are a lot of forms to fill out (I recently finished going through the process myself). I scrapped through for the old cost but I understand its been increased now. One big question is did you get married in the Uk? If so it makes everything a lot easier. As previously mentioned you want a spousal visa, which will cover her until she gets perminent residence.

The whole process took about 10 weeks, so you should look at getting her student visa extended, or a C-Visit issued prior to applying for it if you want to avoid being apart.

Good luck :)

Back
Top Bottom