Marvel Cinematic Universe - Phase 3

Associate
They seriously don't need another Spidey origin story, just retell it pre-intro credits in a 2 minute montage and get on with it with grown up Spidey.

Associate
From what I've read, marvel won't be interested in doing an origins story, but may show bits and pieces here and there through flashbacks or other means like they did with GotG.

Besides, it's not as if anyone doesn't know spideys origins.

Can't wait to see the new direction it takes :)

Soldato
I see Garfield has been axed in the role, I know that will upset a lot of people but personally I think this lets them take the character unrestricted into the world they are building.

Permabanned
I don't think anything has been officially released about Garfield being axed, just rumours that every site seems to be running with. There was lots of stuff on Spiderman heading to Marvel and him being axed in the emails leaked from the Sony hack stuff though, the first has already now happened so it's likely the second will too.

Soldato
You see i liked Last Stand and although the first Wolverine film wasn't the best the second one (the directors cut that it) is pretty good and interesting. I just don't get all the hate

Associate
You see i liked Last Stand and although the first Wolverine film wasn't the best the second one (the directors cut that it) is pretty good and interesting. I just don't get all the hate

Which I find interesting as Wolverine/Logan has been 'killed off' in the MCU.
I think Marvel are playing the long game with Logan for an eventual ip return?

Soldato
I don't recall wolverine appearing in the MCU at all, never mind being killed off, though admittedly I haven't read the official tie in comics or anything like that

Associate
I don't recall wolverine appearing in the MCU at all, never mind being killed off, though admittedly I haven't read the official tie in comics or anything like that

FULL NERD MODE ENGAGED :)
Sorry I should have been clear..In the Comics main timeline,he just recently died. Now dying in Comics is never 'forever'. However, he is currently out of the 'mix' for the forseeable future. Bear in mind, he also died in the 'Ultimates' universe way back too. His son took over the mantle.

Soldato
The comics aren't the same as the MCU though are they? I thought the cinematic universe was an entirely separate entity from the comics so him being killed off in a comic storyline has no bearing on him being alive or dead in the cinematic universe

Associate
The comics aren't the same as the MCU though are they? I thought the cinematic universe was an entirely separate entity from the comics so him being killed off in a comic storyline has no bearing on him being alive or dead in the cinematic universe

Agreed.

Although, not set in stone, the general theory is that the franchise want Wolverine back, inc Spider-man etc... so by 'killing' him off in the comics leads to a lower profile and less demand. He became overly saturated.

The comics although seperate largely dictate the direction of the movies.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Sony already confirmed a new actor is being sought after for spidey, fans already suggesting they may do an original story within quick flash backs or like in the hulk film at the beginning.

I wish marvel just branched out to 20th/fox and just integrated xmen/ff etc fans deserve it and all win and get more $$$$ Anyone notice how in AoS they can't use the word mutants since its reserved for fox/20th for xmen....sillyness lol

Hopefully they integrate AoS, all those netflix marvel shows into the big screen eventually.

Am bit saddened that chris evans does not wish to come back for more marvel films and think he is done after another few more outings, hopefully just a ruse for him to get some downey $$$$ seeing captain bucky not sure it would be quite the same certainly would be hard to adapt to.

Agree with a comment about hulk he should perhaps get another go perhaps planet hulk then again don't mind if he just appears in the cameos in other films or in avenger series.

Otherwise love it being a dc/marvel fan, nice to see DC playing catch up but its shocking they took so long perhaps it was due to batman trilogy? well at least now they got 1-2 films each year like marvel it appears and hopefully DC can do it right ie all big names in a DC universe without the ownership rights I hope!

Back
Top Bottom