1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marvel & Netflix - Daredevil

Discussion in 'US TV shows discussion.' started by Shamikebab, 7 Jan 2015.

1. stewski

Mobster

Arrow is un watchable rubbish; not worth discussing in the same breath as Daredevil.

2. Pighardia

Capodecina

Watched the first few episodes of season 2. Good to have it back. Is it me though, or are some of the fight scenes worse than season 1? The first fight between the 2 main characters looked pretty poor, like they weren't touching each other.

3. NexusK

PermaBanned

Yeah i noticed that a few times throughout the whole season too, the 5 minutes one shot fight was still awesome though.

Overall i thought this season was better than the first and loved every minute of it.

4. Kyo

Soldato

Couldnt agree more. It was not just about DD persona but his relationship with his friends and acquaintances. I thought Foggy and Karen did an outstanding job as they really fleshed out who they were and how the coped with Matt on and off the field. For me the highlight was John Bernthal as the Punisher. He was the truest representation of Frank Castle that I have seen to date. He exactly what he should be like a caged wild animal that hurting to lash out. Thomas Jane was too soft imo and Ray Stevenson looked that part but didn't have the material or portrayed the character as well.

Easily one of my all time favourite comic to screen adaptation to date. (Stupid pad)

Last edited: 20 Mar 2016
  5. Jonny2284

Wise Guy

Finished it, loved it, wasn't 100% sold on Elektra but the Punisher stuff was gold.

I'd imagine critically it's going to get a hammering by folk who wanted more Fisk love stories and less actual superheroing though.

6. ZXSpectrum

Capodecina

I have 2 episodes left and loving it. The fighting is incredibly brutal and you feel the impact of most strikes.

My god the punisher "Entrance" was incredibly violent there were people getting shot in the head, face, parts blown off :eek:

7. Glanza

Capodecina

Managed to get upto episode 10 last night, Really enjoying it so far. Not quite sure how it's going to end with everything that's happened so far. Won't get to finish it tonight though :(

Arrow could really do with getting the fight coordinators in from this to make theirs alot better.

8. Kyo

Soldato

What was wrong with Electra?

That what the real Punisher was meant to be like. He literally is the instrument of Death. So happy with the Billy club and reference to micro. Straight from the comics.

Last edited: 21 Mar 2016
  9. spikey57

Gangster

Love the series. Punisher is brutal, and calculating. Exactly how he should be. The first few meetings between daredevil and the Punisher was straight out of the comics! Loved the iconic moment between the two.

Can't wait to see him in his own series.

Found the season much better than the first.

I think the only thing that I found this season a bit off putting is how out of breath he seems to be, like all the time, not sure if this was to show how far he was pushing himself, and how much of a toll the double life was taking on him.

He get's his ass handed to him a lot more than other heroes tend to, but he can take a beating and dish out as good as he receives.

10. Slamhamster

Associate

I like the way he gets his ass kicked, he doesn't have super strength so just has to suck it up and keep going so there's always that chance he's going to push it too far.

The staircase fight was good but I felt the choreography was a bit more scrappy this season, a few of the punches and and especially the kicks seemed to be more obviously pulled as though the shot framing/blocking was slightly off.

The first Punisher massacre seemed to have a couple of squibs going off as soon as the shooting starts without the actors seeming to notice. Its only a split second on screen but it just seemed a bit careless.

I enjoyed it, not as much as Season 1 though. I thought the Elektra plot reveal was a bit weak and the whole Black Sky thing seemed contrived and mishandled especially after Stick went to such lengths to kill the one in the container in the first season.

11. Robinhood

Gangster

I feel only person holding the show together is the guy playing kingpin/Fisk..lets hope when he comes out he removes Karen and Foggy from the show.

12. Glanza

Capodecina

Finished s2 last night. Really enjoyed the whole series just a shame we've had the origin story on The Punisher as I'd love for him to have his own series.

I'm going to guess that the pod is either some sort of DBZ healing capsule or something more like the Lazarus pit from Arrow where Elektra wakes up and her 'bloodlust' is alot higher?

13. snips86x

Capodecina

Up to Episode 7 and loving it so far. Great to see Jon Bernthal back in the driving seat as a villain, he was amazing in TWD!

14. Kyo

Soldato

Are you watching the same show?. I thnk you missed the point

Foggy and Karen is the only thing that tethers Matt Murdock without DD consuming his life entirely. Castle/Elektra/Sticks is the flip side of the coin. The show conveys brilliantly the struggles of his secret identity and him dealing with the challenges that both persona brings and coping with responsbilites and consequences of his past/present actions/inactions.

15. johnyccc

Wise Guy

I enjoyed season two, it was better than the first imo. Mainly because I didn't particularly enjoy watching Fisk go on dates or flash backs to the obligatory dark childhood. He works as a villain but isn't as interesting as the show seemed to believe.

Still, season 2 had a few problems:
    - Did Matt and Foggy really have to have the same argument every episode? It totally tanked the character for me.
    - They should have greater explained Black Sky, The Hand etc.
    - Probably an unpopular opinion but I thought it was a little too violent. When watching multiple episodes in quick succession it began to be a little unpleasant.
    - Franks black eyes were gross.
    - I don't think they really explained Stick wanting Elektra dead.
    - Not quite sure why there's still so little crossover within the Marvel universe.
    But it was a good season, Electra was the highlight for me.

16. stewski

Mobster

So far I'm enjoying s2 because it's different to s1 which I also enjoyed.

17. Kyo

Soldato

In terms of voilence and the adult theme. Marvel comics had their "Marvel Knights" series.

Daredevil, Punisher, Moon Knight and a few other titles slotted into this category. So I guess the show following this trait for the mature audience.

18. XPE

Soldato

Finished watching it last night, really enjoyed it still the jewel in Marvels Crown :D

19. Beerbaron

Soldato

Same here. I loved the inclusion of:
    The Punisher

20. Surfer

Capodecina

I'll stick this in spoilers but did I seriously just see...

Someone get their face blown off :eek: in pretty gory detail as well...Maybe was another series..no cutting away or anything it's right there uhmm lol yuck.