Mass Effect Legendary Edition - May 14th

Associate
Played the first Mass Effect when it originally came out on the xbox, gradually working through it now on the Legendary Edition on my series X.

Odd thing is I can only remember some parts in the game, really enjoying it though its well and truly got me hooked, looking forward to playing 2 & 3.

Cheers all

Man of Honour
Played the first Mass Effect when it originally came out on the xbox, gradually working through it now on the Legendary Edition on my series X.

Odd thing is I can only remember some parts in the game, really enjoying it though its well and truly got me hooked, looking forward to playing 2 & 3.

Cheers all

Fortunately I can't remember enough of it to keep it feeling relatively fresh. Its weird feeling, it feels familiar, but I don't actually remember that much (other than the overarching plot).

Soldato
Completed Mass Effect 1 on the PS5, I played it on the PC when it first came out, but replaying it made me appreciate how good this game is! The graphical upgrade looked really good. The story and characters is where it really shines though.

The combat is a little clunky, but I can get over that. On to Mass Effect 2!

Associate
Yeah I have to say I am quite impressed with how ME1 looks. Never played ME4, I am guessing we will need a 60fps patch for that? Don't think I can play that after these now. 30 fps is a no no. Although I think I have that on my PC.

Soldato
Yeah I have to say I am quite impressed with how ME1 looks. Never played ME4, I am guessing we will need a 60fps patch for that? Don't think I can play that after these now. 30 fps is a no no. Although I think I have that on my PC.
Am assuming you mean Andromeda as 4 doesn't exist yet.

It's not worth playing, wait until we actually get 4. Andromeda is terrible

Soldato
I've completed ME1 now on PS4 - the combat is so much better, and easier in the sense that regardless of class you can use snipers effectively.

For comparison I booted up ME1 OG (on PC) as an Infiltrator and my scope was waving around crazily even though I am "trained" in snipers. Compared to my Adept on legendary who is not trained in snipers having a completely steady aim.

I am also having big audio issues, particularly in ME2. Sometimes I don't hear character audio at all, sometimes it cuts in and out as if they're saying every other syllable. Cutscene sound effects are very loud and then the next conversation will be very quiet. I think I'll wait for a patch until I continue!

Soldato
I've completed ME1 now on PS4 - the combat is so much better, and easier in the sense that regardless of class you can use snipers effectively.

For comparison I booted up ME1 OG (on PC) as an Infiltrator and my scope was waving around crazily even though I am "trained" in snipers. Compared to my Adept on legendary who is not trained in snipers having a completely steady aim.

I am also having big audio issues, particularly in ME2. Sometimes I don't hear character audio at all, sometimes it cuts in and out as if they're saying every other syllable. Cutscene sound effects are very loud and then the next conversation will be very quiet. I think I'll wait for a patch until I continue!
I’ve not had the cutscene issue, but I’ve found the guns like the assault rifle and sniper rifle to be incredibly loud compared to everything else. I’ve had to turn it down for fights and up again after it’s done sometimes. Perhaps it’s better on ME2/3 but 1 is definitely ‘mixed’ weird, sound-wise.

Man of Honour
Finished ME1, what a tremendous game. Now onto one of my favourite games of all time, ME2. Of course what I didn’t realise is that only ME1 had downloaded, so I’ll start in the morning.

I agree with what some of you have said, there are a few audio bugs. It’s weird.

Man of Honour
My goodness ME2 is every bit as good as I remember and with the remaster holds it’s own against current gen games. One of my favourite games of all time, can’t stop playing.

Soldato
Soldato
Ohhhh I see. I thought you had to get the insanity on all for the plats, didn't realise that was a seperate list. Thanks.
No worries.

Once I found out I was thinking sod doing insanity then, I'll just plat the main three when I get my hands on the collection that is.

Associate
Hmmm, I am finding ME2 on a 65inch q80t pretty dark with my series X.

After reading posts online it seems the game calibration is out. Played around and now have it looking perfect.

Last edited:
Associate
How do the Gfx compare to current generation games? Will they be off putting? Never played ME before.

PS5 on performance mode to get 60fps feels alittle weird because the graphics are still pretty dated, even with the upgrade. That being said Yakuza: Like a Dragon is the same but the story is one of best I've seen in recent games, short of Witcher 3.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah I've had some audio problems in ME1 too, some voices are very low in certain situations and weapon sounds are really loud etc. My game has also bugged out the Master Spectre weapons from appearing in the store, they're not showing for me to buy despite maxing out my money and being near the end of the game. It seems other people have had the same problem.

Back
Top Bottom