Match me a monitor to amd rx580 please?

Associate
Hi..
Nearing completion of a build for my son..
Gigabyte 170 gaming 7 motherboard
i7 7700k 4.2Ghz
amd rx580 gpu
16gb 3200 ddr4
m.2 ssd 3rd gen

He likes his gaming and wants a high refresh rate monitor x 2.. Max size has to be around 27"-28" for each monitor as space is limited.. Every time I read a review I end up adding another monitor to a growing list..
Can you guys recommend summat please? Prob going to hit the sales after xmas but not looking for a cheapy, rather get something that is going to last him.. My list is made of free-sync's at the mo..

Last edited:
Associate
OP
No takers guys..?
Have chewed my way through so many reviews my head is spinning.. When I look at the user reviews for a particularly shiny and recommended monitor, it usually looks like it often ends in tears.. Too many examples to pick one out but I am seeing a really top monitor that someone bought, only to find back-light bleed and/or dead pixels, quite often this re-occurs when they get their replacement monitors too.. Have read some user reviews that swear on buying cheaper Korean monitors so it is cheap to replace them when they go faulty.. Really dont know which way to turn now..
My sons own research has led him to want a pair of 1440 monitors, but good grief, there are soooo many out there.. Of all the sites I visit, this forum seems to have the most folks that seem to know their way round this minefield and so would very much appreciate a bit of guidance.. please?

Permabanned
Hi..
Nearing completion of a build for my son..
Gigabyte 170 gaming 7 motherboard
i7 7700k 4.2Ghz
amd rx580 gpu
16gb 3200 ddr4
m.2 ssd 3rd gen

He likes his gaming and wants a high refresh rate monitor x 2.. Max size has to be around 27"-28" for each monitor as space is limited.. Every time I read a review I end up adding another monitor to a growing list..
Can you guys recommend summat please? Prob going to hit the sales after xmas but not looking for a cheapy, rather get something that is going to last him.. My list is made of free-sync's at the mo..

No takers guys..?
Have chewed my way through so many reviews my head is spinning.. When I look at the user reviews for a particularly shiny and recommended monitor, it usually looks like it often ends in tears.. Too many examples to pick one out but I am seeing a really top monitor that someone bought, only to find back-light bleed and/or dead pixels, quite often this re-occurs when they get their replacement monitors too.. Have read some user reviews that swear on buying cheaper Korean monitors so it is cheap to replace them when they go faulty.. Really dont know which way to turn now..
My sons own research has led him to want a pair of 1440 monitors, but good grief, there are soooo many out there.. Of all the sites I visit, this forum seems to have the most folks that seem to know their way round this minefield and so would very much appreciate a bit of guidance.. please?

I always recommend going to 3840x2160. You will be stunned by its picture quality.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the suggestion, but cant seem to pry him away from his 2 monitor setup.. He likes to game on one, then run other apps like chat, browser etc on the other.. Kinda had a switch today tho and we are now going to use the nvidia 1080 cards in our systems.. Been looking at a post where a guy used a nice spangly gaming monitor in the centre, and a cheapy lower res one on either side.. Son reckons that appeals to him so have been trying to check whether this is possible off one card.. Anyone done this..?
For myself, I am very tempted to get one big doozy of a screen and run my card at highest res I can..
I do understand about the dead pixel/back bleed issues, was just wondering if there were some monitors more reliable than others but that does not seem to be the case from what I have read.. Guess it is all down to luck rather than good quality controls..

Back
Top Bottom