Matched betting - who's done it and who's good at it? (No Referrals)

Soldato
For those who have built up a bit of working capital in their exchange fund then I can recommend Accumulator Generator:

http://accumulatorgenerator.com/

Don't be put off by the awful sales pitch on the page, the underlying products are solid. I gather the guy behind this (Mike Cruickshank) was the person who the guy behind PA ripped off his ideas from. You need a fair bit in your Exchange to play with but it is nice and stress free. Using the guarantee profit options you can make a solid £50 - £100 a week. You need about 10x what you want to make in profit a week as a float in your exchange.

I think OddsMonkey do the same sort of thing, but if you subscribe to YesBets then Accumulator Generator is a nice compliment - you can trial it for a fortnight for £1.

And if you want a free version of Each Way Sniper then try this (free signup required):

http://www.trickybet.net/Each-Way-Catcher

Associate
An acca generator is something I'm quite interested in and it's something that Yesbets don't offer. I would be interested in seeing how accumulator generator works before I spend any money on it, though.

Associate
challengedavid;30491424 said:
one thing i am glad of is setting up a new email account, getting lots of spam already

fake phone number used so ok there

hopefully it does not start coming to my home address but probably will
It certainly does pay to take notice of marketing options upon sign up, otherwise you'll be getting bombarded with emails, texts, letters etc. I deselect everything apart from emails at all bookies, periodically they email you a free bet offer so it's worth letting them contact you in some way.

Just beware fake phone numbers. One or two bookies will text a verification code to you on occassion to activate your account.

Englander91;30491444 said:
It certainly does pay to take notice of marketing options upon sign up, otherwise you'll be getting bombarded with emails, texts, letters etc. I deselect everything apart from emails at all bookies, periodically they email you a free bet offer so it's worth letting them contact you in some way.

Just beware fake phone numbers. One or two bookies will text a verification code to you on occasion to activate your account.

have changed marketing comms on the 3 i have already signed with, i am usually quite careful, only have email comms on them now

absolutely hate junk mail of any kind, but read somewhere offers come via email so have left that one on

Associate
Took some time tonight and did my first tutorial walk through on Yesbets and placed the Coral bet.

Quick question however.. I've set aside £200 to get me started however wasn't sure if I need to deposit that full amount into betfair (deposited £100 to start with) as surely any sites I sign up with will require further minimum deposits like Coral? Sorry if its a silly question.. I'm very new to this as you can see.

Plan on doing the monthly sub to yesbets as from what I've read it seems like a no brainer!

Soldato
BigT;30491319 said:
For those who have built up a bit of working capital in their exchange fund then I can recommend Accumulator Generator:

http://accumulatorgenerator.com/

Don't be put off by the awful sales pitch on the page, the underlying products are solid. I gather the guy behind this (Mike Cruickshank) was the person who the guy behind PA ripped off his ideas from. You need a fair bit in your Exchange to play with but it is nice and stress free. Using the guarantee profit options you can make a solid £50 - £100 a week. You need about 10x what you want to make in profit a week as a float in your exchange.

I looked at this before and whilst it's decent looking - it's a pretty manual/labour intensive job. You need account with most bookies, funds in most accounts, need to be very aware of the refund rules and regs for each bookie and also you still need to manually setup all the bets etc.

I don't doubt it could make decent money but it's a fairly hefty time consuming job.

Soldato
gordy16;30491990 said:
Took some time tonight and did my first tutorial walk through on Yesbets and placed the Coral bet.

Quick question however.. I've set aside £200 to get me started however wasn't sure if I need to deposit that full amount into betfair (deposited £100 to start with) as surely any sites I sign up with will require further minimum deposits like Coral? Sorry if its a silly question.. I'm very new to this as you can see.

Plan on doing the monthly sub to yesbets as from what I've read it seems like a no brainer!

yeah - basically slow and steady to start with - double check your bets/lays before you commit to each one and you'll be fine.

Associate
booyaka;30492023 said:
yeah - basically slow and steady to start with - double check your bets/lays before you commit to each one and you'll be fine.

great thanks! I must have triple checked it before finally clicking the button :D

Caporegime
Ok, quick note for you Gord (you haven't done anything wrong, this is just to help you streamline things a bit). You say you deposited £100 into Betfair. Let me focus on that for a moment.

I've picked this bet because it meets the odds criteria of 1.5 minimum and is on a fairly well known game (don't go betting on weird absurd stuff you've never heard of, this is an instant flag to them):

jvXz9pB.png

As you can see in the liability section, the liability for this bet is £5.39, which is what you'll lose if the back bet wins. With that in mind, I would've deposited no more than £20. The reason being that if the lay bet wins, you have more in your exchange to lay bets off, and more in your bank account for more offers.

If your bankroll is £200 and you win a few back bets, you're screwed and have to wait until some withdrawals clear.

Just thought I'd throw that out there to help out :)

Associate
Forum mod;30492081 said:
Ok, quick note for you Gord (you haven't done anything wrong, this is just to help you streamline things a bit). You say you deposited £100 into Betfair. Let me focus on that for a moment.

I've picked this bet because it meets the odds criteria of 1.5 minimum and is on a fairly well known game (don't go betting on weird absurd stuff you've never heard of, this is an instant flag to them):

jvXz9pB.png

As you can see in the liability section, the liability for this bet is £5.39, which is what you'll lose if the back bet wins. With that in mind, I would've deposited no more than £20. The reason being that if the lay bet wins, you have more in your exchange to lay bets off, and more in your bank account for more offers.

If your bankroll is £200 and you win a few back bets, you're screwed and have to wait until some withdrawals clear.

Just thought I'd throw that out there to help out :)

Thanks for that mate, I'm pretty sure I understand what your saying! :) no doubt ill have more questions as this thread progresses!

Caporegime
I picked red and came out £6 up. No guarantees of course.

EDIT: I assume you mean the Leovegas offer. I made £43 on the free spins from today and am currently doing the wagering. Might bust out, might get lucky. Who knows ;)

Soldato
booyaka;30492022 said:
I looked at this before and whilst it's decent looking - it's a pretty manual/labour intensive job. You need account with most bookies, funds in most accounts, need to be very aware of the refund rules and regs for each bookie and also you still need to manually setup all the bets etc.

I don't doubt it could make decent money but it's a fairly hefty time consuming job.

I thought that but in practice it's really not. This is how it pans out for me:

I only use three bookie accounts; Ladbrokes, Coral and William Hill. I know the offers inside out. Because the software will automatically only show you Acca selections that meet the criteria of the offer per bookie I only have to worry about the stake being right in the calculator and making sure I don't finish any from the same firm on the same day.

I log onto the software on a Thursday. Typically I will get suggested a fivefold Acca that finishes on a Sunday and a Monday for each bookie. That means I get six Accas on - it takes about fifteen minutes.

Now here's a nice thing. Most of those six Accas have huge overlaps in terms of games. Also the times of the matches are pretty similar, so there's only five or six times over the weekend I have to lay the bets. And when I do it's normally on the same match on 3, 4 or 5 of the Accas. ALT-tabbing between the calculator and the smarkets windows means each time I lay it takes me 5 minutes tops. So over the weekend, if there's six windows where I have to lay then a total of 30 minutes.

Then if there's any refunds due to one leg losing another five minutes to do a SNR bet on Tuesdays at some point.

That works out at about an hour a week in total for £40 profit. Add a couple of bookmakers or do some that finish midweek when cup matches are on and you can see how I come to £50 - £100 a week for a couple of hours work as a possibility.

I find the only real hassle is that normally there's a small window between early Saturday kick offs and 3:00pm ones that means I have to be in front of the computer at 14:45, but that's not too much of a hardship with mobiles these days - I just don't much like using exchanges on a mobile as I have fat fingers and it's too easy to make a mistake.

Soldato
BigT;30492748 said:

Cool - thanks for that......What do they charge past the £1 trial?? Couldn't see it on the site anywhere.

Good information - I might give it a crack at some point but working away on other bets just now (laying the draw in certain matches and trading out) which is going OK so far.

Associate
How do you deal with odds drifting in the later legs with accas? That's all that started putting me off accas as you just watch the total profit go down game by game, unless there is a better method to the lock ins I am missing as I know some people do make hundreds every month from them!

Back
Top Bottom