The Matrix 4

Soldato
Why on earth reboot the matrix? The film is perfect as it is and the effects still look great.

There is no way a new version of this film will improve on the existing one.

Just another example of hollywood milking the cash cow. They have run out of ideas big time.

They haven't run out of ideas they just realised they can save money and make bucket loads more of it by just rehashing stuff. We keep going to the cinema like Alcoholics saying they will give up on booze. Just one more and then we go again and again and they keep laughing in their boots.

Soldato
Rumours are they are going with a Morpheus story, which kind of makes since there was talk that Warner were looking at the guy who plays Black Panther in the Marvel universe.

Much better idea than just another bloody reboot.

Soldato
I could start a new thread since this one is old, but why bother. Apparently according to my news feeds and I'm sure many others have seen it. The 4th installment has got the go ahead with one Wachowski sister and somehow Keano and Anne Moss.

I guess I have to ask the question, where or when this is meant to be set or what story line changes could be possible to bring these two back to life?
At the least Trinity was full of steel and Neo's brain melted to the source. So maybe they're only cameo style flashbacks. Who knows.

I was a massive Matrix fan, the third installment tarnished that a little so I think this is an unwarranted addition to be honest.

Associate
They could do something based on the Animatrix stories. (A MUST watch for any Matrix fan btw)

A film based on the 'Second Renaissance' which covers the events leading to the machine war and ultimately the enslavement of mankind into the matrix.
I could half get behind that. A matrixy irobot meets terminator judgement day kinda thing. I like the story but they would probably just wreck it anyway. Sometimes you don't need all the blanks filled in.

Man of Honour
I loved the first. I also loved the sequels. But I utterly loved the first. It's amongst my top films even though I never saw it at the cinema. So I have grave reservations about this. I would have welcomed a fourth when the first three were released. But a new one right now doesn't feel right. We'll see though.

Man of Honour
what is everyones problem with the 2 sequels ?

I enjoyed them both

Personally I quite liked the sequels but they were so shallow compared to the original and much more all out entertainment and I'd have liked to have seen them build more on stuff like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfEuxRDYiyc

Which aside from some bits with the Merovingian they never really went back to.

I still refuse to believe the force behind the first movie was the Wachowskis though - while good (and no doubt instrumental in making the movie as good as it was) all their subsequent movies are like a pupil to the master compared to the first Matrix - there is none of the level of depth, insight and layer upon layer of meaning that the first movie has.

Soldato
what is everyones problem with the 2 sequels ?

I enjoyed them both

I think mainly because the first one was so damn good. It's very hard to make a sequel which lives up to the original.
The first matrix was awesome, and whilst you could argue matrix 2 and 3 were rubbish, in their own right they were ok films, just not as good as the first.

Soldato
the history of films that have had a new chapter years/decades after the last one has a very low hit-rate when it comes to worthiness. I thought the original film was fantastic, the sequels just seemed to shovel in far too much religious/mythology-slanted stuff that detracted from what had been set up, and stuff that to me just didn't fit into the lore set up in the first. good action, but that's about it. i'll wait for a sequel, but I'm guessing we won't see this film before 2023 so not exactly holding my breath.

Man of Honour
The first film left you in a sense of awe of the possibilities.

The second and third film close that all down and give you a linear ‘this is what happened’, similar in a way to the most recent Star Wars movies.

In addition, they were both cheesy, style over substance affairs, Keane Reeves was incredibly wooden and the Mr. Anderson plot line was silly

I did quite like the idea that the matrix wouldn’t work unless there was a human resistance, that the robots had defeated multiple times. That got drowned out though by the negatives.

Soldato
The first film left you in a sense of awe of the possibilities.

The second and third film close that all down and give you a linear ‘this is what happened’, similar in a way to the most recent Star Wars movies.

In addition, they were both cheesy, style over substance affairs, Keane Reeves was incredibly wooden and the Mr. Anderson plot line was silly

I did quite like the idea that the matrix wouldn’t work unless there was a human resistance, that the robots had defeated multiple times. That got drowned out though by the negatives.

yeah i agree - the first set up things so well and they had no idea what to do with it - even i could write a better story than the sequels and thats saying something.

Back
Top Bottom