mATX Board suggestions please

Suspended
I need a new mATX board for my Sugo SG01. I am not really fussed about overclocking the pants of the CPU or memory. I need a solid board with as many features as possible.

Possibilties so far are Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2R and Asus P5K-VM (mATX) both with G33 chipsets. I cannot find any of these in stock online.

Any suggestions for alternatives would be appreciated.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
slinky malinky said:
Possibilties so far are Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2R and Asus P5K-VM (mATX) both with G33 chipsets. I cannot find any of these in stock online.

if you can't find them in stock then googles wasted on you cos i found em in a matter of seconds. :confused:

Suspended
OP
Thanks for your informative reply. Not quite what i asked for but hey when has that ever stopped people on this forum. The store i normally buy from has now got stock, from saying yesterday it was out of stock. There is one or two others that say they have it in stock but the cost is £30 more than it should be.

Associate
Have a look at these Slinky:

Asus P5B-VM

Foxconn G9657MA-8KS2H

Gigabyte GA-965GM-S2

MSI G965MDH (MS-7276)

Toms Hardware puts them through their paces.

Note that they all run the G965 chipset and that the MSI might be difficult to source as its retail release was delayed - nevertheless, that was a bit ago now.

Hope this helps,

Ike

Suspended
OP
Thanks for that, im checking them out now. However i think im leaning towards the DS2 from Gigabyte as its now in stock. I may get the Foxconn though for another build im doing for a client. Thanks again.

Soldato
Just go for the one at the best price with the most features.

Personally I'm sold on the gigabyte DS2R - it's by far the most promising overclocker.

edit: the P5K-VM seems to be the new mATX mobo of choice with the 1:1 divider, not that this will matter if you're not overclocking... :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom