Maximus IX Formula waterccoling question.

Associate
Does anybody know if the ports on the Maximus IX Formula vrm cooling block line up nicely with the ports of an EKWB Evo CPU block?

(I am thinking for aestethic reasons that neat vertical or horizontal lines of rigid tube would require they line up.)

Associate
Unfortunately not. I have the evo copper block on a IX formula and the closest is the vertical but its still way off.

EDIT: with the cpu block spun 180 its closer but still not good enough.

Associate
OP
Unfortunately not. I have the evo copper block on a IX formula and the closest is the vertical but its still way off.

EDIT: with the cpu block spun 180 its closer but still not good enough.

Shame.
No matter what I did with the CPU block it was never quite right on the Maximus V Formula either (I swapped out the original heatsinks for EK blocks @ chipset and VRM)

Aside from that how do you like the IX Formula?

Associate
Shame.
No matter what I did with the CPU block it was never quite right on the Maximus V Formula either (I swapped out the original heatsinks for EK blocks @ chipset and VRM)

Aside from that how do you like the IX Formula?

Its a solid board. Plenty of additional tweaking options for the elite overclocker and it suits my build perfectly, cosmetically. I made use of the monoblock aswell so pipe runs are fairly simplistic but its how I like it.

Only issue I seem to have at the moment is ethernet which Asus seem to be trying to address with new driver releases on a regular basis. Basically I'm getting the odd connection error when loading sites.. My other systems dont suffer with this issue so definitely linked to my win10 system with this motherboard. Slight inconvenience at times.

Associate
Wait. There is a monoblock for the Maximus IX Formula or are you talking about the Hero? - If the formula, which monoblock and what do you need to remove to fit it?

Sorry to get your hopes up (misinformation on my part).. I didn't mean monoblock. I meant I'm using the crosschill EK2 motherboard cooler on the formula but managed to utilise the block well in the cooling setup imo.

Associate
OP
Sorry to get your hopes up (misinformation on my part).. I didn't mean monoblock. I meant I'm using the crosschill EK2 motherboard cooler on the formula but managed to utilise the block well in the cooling setup imo.

No worries, thanks for the info. Would be nice to see pics of that though to see how the cooling pipes/hoses line up in the real world.

Although, you do now have me wondering if the components on the motherboard would actually allow the Hero monoblock to fit if existing crossshill vrm and parts of armor were removed....

Associate
This is what I have done with my system, currently..

IMG_4528s_zpsoyufi1ea.jpg

Back
Top Bottom