Mayhems Blitz: Before or After fitting PETG

Associate
Good evening All,

I am currently transitioning from my old case into my new (Lian Li PC-o11).

As part of the transition I am changing over from flex tubing to PETG tubing (fingers crossed I can make it look as good as I hope!!!)

My system has always had mayhems pastel red, and I now want to put in mayhems pastel white.
In an attempt to not turn the white pink, I'm using Mayhems Blitz cleaning system.

My question:
Should I use part 2 using the old flex tubing, or would I be safe to do the solid tubing, then run the blitz through (also acting as the leak test)?

The last thing I want is to run the blitz through PETG and it turn out it discoloured the tubing.

Any advice would be appreciated :)

Associate
if it was me i would use the old tubing to clean it first. from what i have red is almost the worst coolant to use as it dyes everything.

Man of Honour
What I usually do is make a simple loop with just the rads, pump and res all connected with flexible tubing (Mayhems) and add a inline filter to the loop. My blocks get stripped down and cleaned so no need to run blitz through them. The problem I have with the blitz kits is that any dislodged debris is just going to keep circulating in the loop unless you have a inline filter or it gets trapped in the most restrictive component, usually the cpu block which is why I take the blocks out of the loop and have started using a inline filter. Last flush it picked up quite a bit of debris from the rads.

Soldato
Sounds to me like you're overthinking things. If you're switching to PETG then you're also replacing all your fittings, except adapters of course, so there's no tubing and fittings to worry about cleaning. So that leaves just blocks and rads. If you strip the blocks down manually then that only leaves your rads to worry about.

Blitz part 1 is only for use in radiators anyway, and even then I think only really for new rads to strip out flux and other manufacturing cruft. Could be worth using part 1 to ensure all red dye is killed off but it seems a little overkill. Then rinse them thoroughly with DI water.

After that I doubt you've even need Blitz part 2, so you could probably just run DI water through the full loop once you've built it to freshen up.

Then worry about the pH balance of your loop before doing the Mayhems pastel.

Back
Top Bottom