Mazda 3 MPS

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
What's this car like in terms of reliability? I'd be doing roughly 18k miles a year 14k of which are M1/M25 miles.

Any alternatives to consider for about £10k?

Soldato
Go for a BMW M5 then :p

On a serious note something a bit bigger would eat the motorway miles up in a more comfortable fashion, like a 530i or similar.

Soldato
The Mazda 3 is basically a Focus isnt it? Its not exactly going to struggle on the motorways. Its not like they're stripped down, no sound proofing, rock hard suspension type things.

I like them

Soldato
Go for a BMW M5 then :p

On a serious note something a bit bigger would eat the motorway miles up in a more comfortable fashion, like a 530i or similar.

??

You are talking of a difference of a handful of centimeters either way.
Then only thing a 530i has of any significance over a mazda 3 mps is that it weighs a 100kgs more, makes less power, and a lot less torque.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
It's going to be 3-4 years older, loads more miles on it and I suspect running costs are unlikely to be significantly less. An MPS will still be under the manufacturers warranty.

Biggest problem for me with the MPS is the tax and finding one on budget, they seem to be pretty rare for around £10k.

Soldato
Biggest problem for me with the MPS is the tax and finding one on budget, they seem to be pretty rare for around £10k.

In the grand scheme of things, 400 quid a year for tax is one of the smaller running costs - would you really buy a car you're less interested in to save 4 quid a week?

Caporegime
It's going to be 3-4 years older, loads more miles on it and I suspect running costs are unlikely to be significantly less. An MPS will still be under the manufacturers warranty.

Deosn't really matter that much, the Mazda is plasticy and nasty inside / it has a good engine and might be ok to drive but its no match for a 3 series on the motorway, which coincidently will probably be the better drive overall anyways.

Besides as you know cars don't suddernly blow up when they reach 6 years old and odds are the BMW will hide its miles and won't devalue like the MPS will.

The cheapest MPS i can find is a 2007 with 25k on the clock for 11k.

11k gets you a a fully loaded 2004 330D with only 66k on the clock.

For sitting on the motorway i know which one i'd rather be in. However my original sugestion was based upon incomplete information by the OP, as in he doesn't have to pay for fuel, which we now know.

Back
Top Bottom