Mazda 3 sport bike rack advice

Associate
Hey, I'm currently driving a Mazda 3 and it has one of those plastic spoilers, I'm after a tailgate bike rack but the spoiler is causing some issues with finding one that'll fit, ideally I don't want to fit a tow ball and I definitely don't want a roof rack. Any suggestions would help. Thanks.

Soldato
Why no roof rack?

I've got an MPS and I got genuine roof bars for £25 via eBay then two Thule 598s for £150. Admittedly haven't used it yet but should work well enough.

Man of Honour
This:
It really doesn't take that long to put the bars/racks on and off. Maybe 6 mins max? Less probably if you manage to store the bars with the racks already on.
I don't have a 3, but I have a 6, and keep the bars and racks together, manfully lift the lot onto the car, tighten it up and off I go (well once the bikes are on).
Takes 4-6 mins, including looking for the garage keys.

Soldato
This:

I don't have a 3, but I have a 6, and keep the bars and racks together, manfully lift the lot onto the car, tighten it up and off I go (well once the bikes are on).
Takes 4-6 mins, including looking for the garage keys.

manfully :D

I don't have the space to store everything separately but even on an initial first ever install the other day it took me less than 10 mins. Quite liking the 598 too compared to the 591 I've used on a mate's car a few times.

Back
Top Bottom