MBNA Bank - Phishing or someone nicked my name/email?

Soldato
Hello,
I've been getting email for a long time from "MBNA Bank", mbna.co.uk.I assumed it was spam/phishing attempts, but i looked at it today and they are direct links to mbna.co.uk.

I k now mbna.com is a propper bank - its even got a wikipedia entry.

Either mbna.co.uk isn't legit, or someone nicked my idenity (sp). I think, anyway.

Here is an email they just sent me:

Your MBNA Platinum Rewards Credit Card statement will be with you shortly, but why wait? You can access your account information online, 24 hours a day, keeping you in control at all times. Click here for instant access to your most recent transactions, your MBNA Points balance and last six months' statement history. You can even redeem your MBNA Points online.

Whilst online, check out all the ways you can manage your account: pay your bills, request an increase to your credit limit, view your PIN and more. It really couldn't be easier

Please do not reply to this e-mail with any account details, as e-mail is not a secure form of communication. If you do not wish to receive any further e-mails from us, please click here and follow the online instructions.

For your additional peace of mind, every Customer e-mail sent by MBNA Europe Bank Limited will include your postcode as it appears on your MBNA Credit Card statement.

DT10 xXX ([[changed by me]])

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
The MBNA Platinum Rewards Credit Card is issued by MBNA Europe Bank Limited, Registered Office: Stansfield House, Chester Business Park, Chester CH4 9QQ. Registered in England number 2783251. We will monitor or record some phone calls. MBNA is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

em0342-cm-d-stmtanc_pnts

[/font]​
(with images etc removed)

What do you think? Should i give them a call? I am only 17 still so deff don't have a credit card ...

Soldato
OP
No...
And the post code isn't mine. But it is my email address (although it is @googlemail.com, and 99% of the time i use @gmail, but whatever) and full name.

Associate
You can check it on here - they keep an index of all the scam emails. There are some (about 12) entries on there for MBNA.

Another good phishing encyclopedia here.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Ok thanks. Ill take a look. It is just that it all looks legit. Actually on the mbna.co.uk domain (all links/images etc)... :/

And also the emails aren't asking for me to update details, they are normally what is above.

Back
Top Bottom