MBP 15" retina 3-4 weeks!!

Permabanned
Cheers. Ignoring the lag when you used mission control (four finger swipe up) it all likes lightning fast. If that was the only choppiness I could easily live with that! App store is crap on my iPad 3 and my MBP so not too fussed.

Many thanks for the video, I use VM's so am very impressed by the Windows 8 VM you have working really fast!

Just out of curiosity, what is the noise level like with all those apps running. 30 seconds of Youtube sets the fans off on my 4.1 and that is by far my biggest bugbear with my machine (and it is one I can't really fix).

I will pop into the Covent Garden store next week and see if they have a machine with Chrome installed and browse some web pages with respect to lag. I am sure it is a software issue, but something tells me it would be fixed by now if it was. I wouldn't want lag when browsing in Chrome (my 5 year old machine doesn't do it!!) and like most people I spend most of my time in a browser. I got stung with the iPad 3 which got replaced with a better iPad 4 that could handle the Retina resolution much better. I suspect the same will happen with the new MBP (Haswell or new integrated GPU or something will make the lag disappear)

I am pretty much gonna wait till the refresh anyway (although to guarantee that I need to leave my debit card at home when I visit the Apple store!!)

rp2000

It was silent when I did the video. The only time I hear the fans are if I encode a video on Handbrake. I will do another video showing the web browser etc.

Permabanned
Yes its the webkit nightly. Although the webkit is better its not a huge difference. You can see how responsive The Verge is and that is a resource heavy site. I watched the activity monitor as I did the video and while scrolling up and down the site the CPU utilisation never went above 15%.

Just wanted to show that it is an extremely fast machine and more than capable. I feel as though it has had a bit of a bad rap in that department, unnecessarily.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom