McCanns going too far?

Weasel words - they weren't "out drinking" they were in a restaurant having a meal.

In a different building.

So when your kids are in bed do you stay in the room with them?

Of course you dont. You put your kids to bed and then go down stairs to watch TV or go to bed. Theirs nothing wrong with that.

But the McCanns left the building that their children were in. They were left alone. So they were partly to blame, how can they not be?

Last edited:
If your out for a drink then you might be gone for hours if you out for a meal its about 45-60 mins ish

Where do you eat? McDonalds? ;)

If I go out drinking I do just that - go to the pub (and a club in my younger days) and drink and get drunk - maybe some unhealty fast food on the way home. If I go out for a meal then the purpose of my night out is to enjoy some food, and of course I'll have some wine with my food if not driving, an altogether more civilised affair.

No. Going out drinking and going out for a meal have two entirely separate implications while technically drink may be consumed with the meal.

I dunno, fourteen bottles seems like 'out drinking' to me.

How much alcohol did the McCanns and their friends drink on the evening Madeleine disappeared?

Kate and Gerry McCann and their friends are reported to have told detectives they shared four bottles of wine, with another two barely touched before Madeleine was discovered missing.

However, it is claimed detectives have recovered a bill showing they downed eight bottles of red wine and six white during the afternoon and evening.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2422967.ece

Of course you dont. You put your kids to bed and then go down stairs to watch TV or go to bed. Theirs nothing wrong with that.

But the McCanns left the building that their children were in. They were left alone. So they were partly to blame, how can they not be?

So you're not allowed in the garden when your kids are asleep, or to talk to your neighbours in the street etc?

Unless they killed her themselves then they are not to blame to any degree. The only blame is to the abductor.

Kate and Gerry McCann and their friends are reported to have told detectives they shared four bottles of wine, with another two barely touched before Madeleine was discovered missing.

However, it is claimed detectives have recovered a bill showing they downed eight bottles of red wine and six white during the afternoon and evening.

Nice work!

So you're not allowed in the garden when your kids are asleep, or to talk to your neighbours in the street etc?

Unless they killed her themselves then they are not to blame to any degree. The only blame is to the abductor.

now i think your taking it all out of contxt

First off i have a security entry phone so no one gets in with out me knowing
then theres my front door

Yes we do chat to the neighbours but where ground floor and right by the main door so if the kids get up and walk about we can see them and if someone enters the flat or leaves the flat they have to past us

that clear things up!!

did they have a drink with their meal, does that not mean they were out 'drinking' ;)
From here

How much alcohol did the McCanns and their friends drink on the evening Madeleine disappeared?

Depends who you believe. 14 bottles of wine would class as drinking in my book, even if between 5 couples!

Back
Top Bottom