McCanns going too far?

Scorza you are an idiot sometimes.

Seriously though, I would get scared if I left 3 toddlers on their own for 2 minutes never mind 30... how people cannot say its not their fault if it wasnt them who killed her I REALLY really struggle to fathom how you can come to such a conclusion, and as BOD said, you're not even safe in the UK, never mind Portugal or anywhere for that matter.

Gotta agree with all of that.

Havent read all the posts here but from what I gather you would leave your kids to go drinking/have a meal without hesitation but now you use an example of an unattended child to backup this argument.:confused:

I think it should be reasonable to be a short distance away from your home and check on your kids every 30 minutes or so. Having kids shouldn't be a prison sentence. Sadly in this day and age, its obviously the wrong thing to do - I just don't see why the McCann's should be crucified for making a mistake (assuming they didn't actually kill her).

The simple fact is that prior to the McCann's being suspects, the Portuguese police said that everything they had done was within the bounds of good parenting.

So scorza when you have kids or if you already have some, you would be more than happy to leave your kids alone and go down the road for a meal?

How old are you?

I think it should be reasonable to be a short distance away from your home and check on your kids every 30 minutes or so. Having kids shouldn't be a prison sentence. Sadly in this day and age, its obviously the wrong thing to do - I just don't see why the McCann's should be crucified for making a mistake (assuming they didn't actually kill her).

The simple fact is that prior to the McCann's being suspects, the Portuguese police said that everything they had done was within the bounds of good parenting.

Now that does make me laugh "the Portuguese police said that everything they had done was within the bounds of good parenting"

Is that ok to go for a meal and leave your kids in this county? and have someone check them every 30mins??

I think the police would have a diffent veiw on that also social services would have a even bigger say but its all ok as they where not in the UK

Yea right!!!!

Define a short distance?
Why not take someone with you to mind the kids if you cant be bothered?
Why did one of the party not take turns to look after the kids?
What would you think if your child had an accident while you were away - would you think oh well it happens?
Why have kids if you cant be bothered to look after them?

the Portuguese police said that everything they had done was within the bounds of good parenting.

so that makes it alright? i think you'll find most people do not share that opinion. see how far you get in this country leaving toddlers unattended for 30minutes at a time or more, a 5 minute walk away. :)

I don't want them crucified. I seriously doubt their parenting ability and worry about their safety of their other two children.

All I want is them to stand up and say they did wrong... which they haven't done... Their continual "we didn't play ANY part..." makes me want to have them beaten, though. That - and a lack of guilt/remorse (shock aside) makes me suspect them.

The reasonable thing to do is to get a babysitter if you're not going to be there to do the job yourself. Checking every 30 minutes is NOT reasonable.

Define a short distance?
Why not take someone with you to mind the kids if you cant be bothered?
Why did one of the party not take turns to look after the kids?
What would you think if your child had an accident while you were away - would you think oh well it happens?
Why have kids if you cant be bothered to look after them?

A short distance, is with you still being at the property. End of. ok it can be excused I suppose if you were sat in your house garden on the patio whilst your kids are asleep, but keep a baby monitor or something in there and keep any doors and windows you cant see locked.

As far as im concerened though, as someone who has worked with kids, we had to have atleast one adult in EVERY room at any-one time, children are un-predictable.

Now that does make me laugh "the Portuguese police said that everything they had done was within the bounds of good parenting"

Is that ok to go for a meal and leave your kids in this county? and have someone check them every 30mins??

Quite clearly. Social services in the UK spoke to the McCann's yesterday from what I gather. As far as I know the twins are still with their parents - obviously not such heinous parents after all.

A short distance, is with you still being at the property. End of. ok it can be excused I suppose if you were sat in your house garden on the patio whilst your kids are asleep, but keep a baby monitor or something in there and keep any doors and windows you cant see locked.

As far as im concerened though, as someone who has worked with kids, we had to have atleast one adult in EVERY room at any-one time, children are un-predictable.

Ah ok, so now we've gone from saying "oh my kids are never left alone" to "well actually, they are left alone, but its ok if I'm in the garden, or just outside the house or wherever next I think of..." Please :rolleyes:

One adult in every room? What happens if your house has three rooms? Do you have to get a babysitter in every night?

Back
Top Bottom