McCanns going too far?

Ah ok, so now we've gone from saying "oh my kids are never left alone" to "well actually, they are left alone, but its ok if I'm in the garden, or just outside the house or wherever next I think of..." Please :rolleyes:

One adult in every room? What happens if your house has three rooms? Do you have to get a babysitter in every night?

Are you now trying to start a fight with another Ocuk member?

As i did not post that and i think you are getting me and the other poster mixed up !!

How long will that state of affairs last if they get formally charged?

Formally charged with what? As I've repeatedly pointed out in my posts, what I'm saying only applies if they didn't actually kill her themselves. They won't get charged with child neglect because there's no case for them to answer - despite what several people here think.

Ah ok, so now we've gone from saying "oh my kids are never left alone" to "well actually, they are left alone, but its ok if I'm in the garden, or just outside the house or wherever next I think of..." Please :rolleyes:

One adult in every room? What happens if your house has three rooms? Do you have to get a babysitter in every night?

No, and I was using a situation in a Nursery.

I meant like hanging washing or something out, not being permanently out of the house, I would take every possible precaution if I had to leave the house for anything. The Mcanns blatentley didnt, hell they even turned down babysitters.

AS usual, you completley missed the point. They just didnt take ANY precautions to safe guard their kids, I mean if it was them, then that is sorta beside the point, but not entirely.

Last edited:

scorza, believe it or not shades of grey exist, not everything is black and white, remaining in your property while your kids are asleep is not bad parenting, going of for a **** up while your kids are asleep, not hiring the baby sitting sevice (which as it has been said "was offered") IS, get that through your thick skull will you

So scorza when you have kids or if you already have some, you would be more than happy to leave your kids alone and go down the road for a meal?

I thought I'd answered that earlier. I think it would be perfectly reasonable to do that, as long as someone checks on the kids every 30 minutes or so. That would be within the bounds of good parenting imo.

I know, I'm just summarising the general consensus of the OcUK McCann hate mob :p

Well i dont see it as a hate club i dont hate them just think and posted that they got things worng and did things worng

I dont think theres anyone here that can say the yrealy hate them just getting board of the on going news items and that what ever happens/happen to the little girl they are still at fault for turning down baby sittering or keeping a closer eye on them

I thought I'd answered that earlier. I think it would be perfectly reasonable to do that, as long as someone checks on the kids every 30 minutes or so. That would be within the bounds of good parenting imo.

Maybe you were brought up this way and whilst you were left alone for say 30 mins you fell and hit your head really hard....i think that explains a lot of things.

:)

I think you would be in the minority there. Our daughter will be 4 in February and there is no way we would leave her for 30 minutes and do what the McCann's did.

Back
Top Bottom