McDonald's and sheeple

Caporegime
I dont get it, they are not even nice. Can make your own better burgers at home.

Exactly.

McDs is when you're travelling and hungry.
To go during lockdown, spend money on fuel, go, queue, eat, be dissatisfied, go home?

I'm a terrible cook, but even I can put a burger in pan or the disposable bbq, slice of cheese, done.
You can have 4 burgers for under 10 (including the Bbq)

Seems crazy. If you love it fair enough I guess.
Many things I do seem crazy to others

Soldato
My local KFC opened for drive thru last week and the queues were miles long. I wouldn't care but it's probably the worse KFC in the area for quality of food and service and pre-covid you were lucky to ever see 2 cars in the drive thru.

I can only assume the sheeple go as it's been re-opened just because.

Soldato
Ours have been open for a couple of weeks now. It started with online orders only but then they have fully opened with social distancing implemented.. That said I don't know where Baa is.. ;)
My fave chippy is open but taking cash only? :confused:

Given that I have no idea if the people handling cash are following proper hygiene procedures I'm giving it a miss.

Soldato
Exactly.

McDs is when you're travelling and hungry.
To go during lockdown, spend money on fuel, go, queue, eat, be dissatisfied, go home?

I'm a terrible cook, but even I can put a burger in pan or the disposable bbq, slice of cheese, done.
You can have 4 burgers for under 10 (including the Bbq)

Seems crazy. If you love it fair enough I guess.
Many things I do seem crazy to others
I'm taking a guess you don't have kids. Most things are easy when it's just you to consider.

McDonalds is convenience food. When you've got kids - convenience is worth a hell of a lot.

However, it's pretty safe to say I'm not going to go out of my way to get a McDonalds. That kind of defeats the point.

Caporegime
I'm taking a guess you don't have kids. Most things are easy when it's just you to consider.

McDonalds is convenience food. When you've got kids - convenience is worth a hell of a lot.

However, it's pretty safe to say I'm not going to go out of my way to get a McDonalds. That kind of defeats the point.

No I don't. But surely taking kids regularly to mc Donald's isn't great?

As a treat or a on way to somewhere is very different to queuing for an hour.

Caporegime
My fave chippy is open but taking cash only? :confused:

Given that I have no idea if the people handling cash are following proper hygiene procedures I'm giving it a miss.

I'm fairly confident in saying that the "cash only" policy is for erm... fiscal purposes.

Oh I keep hearing good things about Honest Burger, we only just got a Five Guys in January :\ Which I like, but its closed atm :(

Loads of five guys open around here, Fulham, Kings Road and Kensington High Street are all open that I'm aware of. South Ken might be open as well. Deliveroo are absolutely caning it at the moment with them, always a whole flock of riders outside.

I had five guys on Monday. Ordered on the app, 5 mins later I collected it. mmmmmmmm.

You have to try Honest Burger though, excellent food and their service is always unparalleled.

Caporegime
I dont get it, they are not even nice. Can make your own better burgers at home.

that's not the point for many.

it's convenience and some people crave the things they cannot have. plus the type of people doing this won't be the brightest. even if I wanted a mcdonalds (I normally have one when drunk or hungover, I don't normally eat there or want to go there tbh as it is just overpriced crap) if i turned up and saw a queue longer than 5-10 cars i would just drive on past even if i was hungover.

the queues in scotland for BK are tiny. was maybe 4-5 cars in front of us. but it's a limited menu and they only had 2 drinks available coke zero or diet coke. 3 sides - fries, nuggets or chilli bites. none of the burgers on the menu were veggie, etc. they had whopper, whopper with cheese and then the one with bacon then chicken royale and royale with cheese, that's it nothing else available and the prices are ridiculous (or maybe normal - i rarely go) like service station prices £8 for a meal.

it's the first takeaway or anything ready made i've had since lockdown and it wasn't my idea to go i just went along as I was in the car. the mrs is veggie so she wanted halloumi burger and by the time we found out they weren't doing it was too late so i ordered a whopper rather than wait in the small queue for nothing. she was gutted. however it wasn't that great the tomato wasn't ripe. i noticed their lettuce looked old and off too. as if it had been frozen then thawed. so your paying for crap. i wouldn't go back in a hurry.

Soldato
No I don't. But surely taking kids regularly to mc Donald's isn't great?

As a treat or a on way to somewhere is very different to queuing for an hour.
When your kids are moaning that they're hungry - and to be fair, you know they are - but you've got work to do. The convenience of a Mcdonalds is very tempting.

It's easy before you have kids to image that you'll do things different. Maybe you will.

Associate
Want my theory?

Its cos its barely food.....and people are clucking for their chemical laden brain hit.

Lets face it mcdonalds food is hardly worth queueing an hour for.....and then once eaten you'll be hungry again in 20 mins....

Soldato
Want my theory?

Its cos its barely food.....and people are clucking for their chemical laden brain hit.

Lets face it mcdonalds food is hardly worth queueing an hour for.....and then once eaten you'll be hungry again in 20 mins....

Why don't you qualify your theory and explain why it is, in your opinion, "barely" food?

Caporegime
Yeah I wonder if they are officially "closed". Hmmm.

Honest Burger do a great veggie option too, was impressed with that last time I tried it.

There's one right next to Clapham South station, I often come to a stop outside his shop when the reds catch me, so I have a little look around (you seen the skirt at this time of year, especially at Clapham Common?) and the owner is always inside. It's very obvious he's open but he's trying to fly under the radar. Always gives me a stern MOVE ALONG NOW, NOTHING TO SEE HERE look whenever I purposefully do it. Quite funny.

It's because the furlough scheme only covers 80% of your taxable income, and surprisingly none of these guys have earned over £10k a year so they have to stay open or starve to death.

Soldato

When my kids were small there were no McDonalds, KFC or any other sort of fast food outlets. If you went to a pub then children had to sit outside. Makes me wonder how we coped and yet we did. :)

Back
Top Bottom