McDonald's and sheeple

Soldato
I'd consider queing for an hour to get a McDonalds milkshake right now, you just can't get the same thing from the shops that are open.
Wouldn't bother, my branch when it reopens won't be doing milkshakes.I assume that is across the board...
No breakfast menu
No milkshakes
No blended ice
No chicken legend
Drive through only
Anyone paying cash is going to be looked at like you just stepped in something nasty
Skeleton staff, all masked up and treating customers like lepers :D
Glad I'm staying on furlough.

Caporegime
When my kids were small there were no McDonalds, KFC or any other sort of fast food outlets. If you went to a pub then children had to sit outside. Makes me wonder how we coped and yet we did. :)

Christ I remember as a kid in South Africa when McDonalds came out. First branch was in Johannesburg, not too far from where we lived, yet I never had a burger from there despite it being one of those things that every kid would sell their soul for.

Another one was Sweets from Heaven. They sold these massive gobstoppers for R5 a pop, wanted one for months, eventually my mom got me one for my birthday. I licked it for a bit and it ended up in the bin, what an awful sweet in hindsight :p

Associate
Ahh, McDonald's... the takeaway equivalent of the Pot Noodle. Fair game to **** them off I guess, huge multinational company, most successful restauurant chain on the planet, but yeah it's all foul, disgusting rubbish with no nutritional value and anyone who eats there is a sheep with no imagination.

Yeah, yeah. You don't have to got there, do you? I barely ever buy McD's but the reaction it gets from people is more 'sheeple' than anything else.

i completely agree, they're not amazing but the one i have a month tastes decent for the price.

Caporegime
Wouldn't bother, my branch when it reopens won't be doing milkshakes.I assume that is across the board...
No breakfast menu
No milkshakes
No blended ice
No chicken legend
Drive through only
Anyone paying cash is going to be looked at like you just stepped in something nasty
Skeleton staff, all masked up and treating customers like lepers :D
Glad I'm staying on furlough.
No chicken legend :eek:

the cheek of it!

Soldato
We shouldn’t be so snobby.
But we are... and with good reason - Burger King is vastly superior to McDonalds in alsmot every way!!!!!!!

Only thing McD's do better is the breakfasts.... and yet, to help her cravings during the lockdown, I had the wife buy in some muffins, sausage, bacon, eggs and cheese, and just chucked together a set of 'McMuffins' for her. She's now pretty much sworn off McD's because even the supermarket version is so much better.

Soldato
Not my thing but I don't see an issue, as long as they're not blocking roads etc.

Is this a forum full of Mums? I've made decent burgers at home, expensive mince ground up with seasoning and a brioché bun etc, McDonalds just hits a different spot.

You could make crap burgers at home as well, would be cheaper and quicker still :p

You can make a much better chicken legend at home anyway, I wouldn't be seen dead putting that crap in my body.

They're not nearly as bad as they used to be, there's nothing that jumps out in the ingredients as bad. It's not even mechanically reclaimed meat anymore, as far as I can see.

Caporegime
They're not nearly as bad as they used to be, there's nothing that jumps out in the ingredients as bad. It's not even mechanically reclaimed meat anymore, as far as I can see.

It's become a running joke in this thread that the ehrmahgehrd-mcdonalds-ewwww-gross-omg crowd are out in force, hence the comment :D

I love McDonalds, in fact I might go spend a few hours queuing for one. What else am I gonna do?

Caporegime
You can make a much better chicken legend at home anyway, I wouldn't be seen dead putting that crap in my body.
what about this then

These are superb. My only irritation is when they put the whole dose of sauce at the bottom so you get 90% dry wrap & chicken followed by an oral inferno.

(Also, where are the usual "mcdonalds is beneath me, I am morally superior because I don't eat it" folks?)

Soldato
A few years ago, a man named David Whipple conducted an experiment with a McDonald's burger. He left it in a cupboard for 14 years and found it in a similar condition as when he bought it.

https://aht.seriouseats.com/2010/11...f-the-12-year-old-burger-testing-results.html

TL;DR: They rot the same as a homemade burger when kept in open air and dry conditions (as in, they don't, really). When stored in a plastic bag to increase humidity they rot at a similar rate.

Last edited:
Caporegime
what about this then

This is a side effect of me being in the naughty corner. See this post:

Nono, you forgot the passive aggressivism and tutting towards those who do the <THING>.

We've already got "can make better food at home", let's see how long it takes for the "I could never put that stuff in my body" post to show up.

Soldato
OP
But we are... and with good reason - Burger King is vastly superior to McDonalds in alsmot every way!!!!!!!

Only thing McD's do better is the breakfasts.... and yet, to help her cravings during the lockdown, I had the wife buy in some muffins, sausage, bacon, eggs and cheese, and just chucked together a set of 'McMuffins' for her. She's now pretty much sworn off McD's because even the supermarket version is so much better.

Granted McDonald's now do bacon-cheese burgers, but Burger King was already there years before McD and theirs are superior imo. I agree with you on BK but also agree with McD's having the better breakfast menu. Double bacon-egg McMuffin all the way for me! Once Uber Eats gets going again with McD, I'll happily take deliveries. Just wouldn't consider waiting up to an hour for a drive-thru and they're not doing breakfasts yet anyway.

Starbucks opened up on trafford park, 2 hour wait. . . i honesty cannot understand it :confused:

Jesus wept! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom